… Turk Telekom will implement Nakina‘s Automated Network and Service Discovery and Reconciliation product, the software vendor announced. As part of Nakina’s management and orchestration enablement portfolio, the product aims to help Turk Telekom improve management and orchestration, resulting in big savings ($25 million during the next five years).
… Coriant unveiled the 7100 Pico Packet Optical Transport Platform, a product optimized for enabling services in the metro edge network. The 7100 Pico expands the reach of Coriant’s 7100 product line.
… Mellanox said its ConnectX-4 100-Gb/s Ethernet NIC can achieve performance of up to 75 million packets per second. The announcement increases the potential for adoption of NFV in both service provider networks and enterprise cloud deployments, the company said.
RELATED: For all our Mobile World Congress coverage, check out our MWC full coverage page
… Research and Markets added SDN and NFV forecasts to its research. The initial findings, intended for network operators, found that NFV revenues will reach $8.7 billion by the end of 2020, and pilot and trial SDN installations will predominate through 2016.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- IoT Security: The Case of the Broken Light Bulb
- Tail-f Alternative UBIqube Takes Multivendor Orchestration to the Edge
- SDxCentral’s Mobile World Congress 2015 News Roundup
- Docker Acquires Networking Startup SocketPlane
- After Carrier Network Virtualization, What Will Carriers Look Like?
- With OpenMano, Telefónica Open-Sources Its NFV Work
- KEMP Now Offers Its Load Balancer for Free
- HP NFV Group Lands Telefónica
- Switch Market Enjoys Growth Despite White Box Threat
- HP to Nab Aruba Networks for $2.7B
- Brocade to Acquire NFV Startup Connectem
- Ericsson Goes Hyperscale With Intel’s Rack Scale Architecture
- VMware Makes Its Bid for the NFV Cloud
- Nokia Goes on the Offensive at Mobile World Congress
- 6 Things We’re Watching for at MWC