Check out all our 2016 RSA Conference coverage on our RSA Conference 2016 Coverage Page
Dell laid out the executive structure it plans to institute once the EMC deal closes. Part of the plan involves Michael Dell — CEO of the combined company, obviously — forming an executive council. Its members would include the combined company’s business-unit presidents and CEOs from some of the EMC Federation companies: Pat Gelsinger of VMware, Rob Mee of Pivotal, and Rodney Rogers of Virtustream. The committee would also include Mike Cote, CEO of SecureWorks, an EMC division that’s filed for a possible IPO.
A10 Networks launched the Thunder SSL Insight (SSLi) line of products for SSL inspection.
Pica8 announced Table Type Patterns (TTP) functionality in its PicOS network operating system that overcomes limitations in OpenFlow scaling.
Mellanox Technologies introduced the NPS-400, the latest network processor out of EZchip, which the company acquired in February. In addition to performing packet processing, the chip can handle Layer 7 functions such as security.
Keio University in Japan implemented Avaya’s SDN Fx technology for one of its campuses.
Avaya wireless LAN access points installed at the campus are monitored from a Tokyo campus site.
Hitachi joined the OpenDaylight Project at the silver level.
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- MEF Moves up the Stack With Menezes as CTO
- Will Open Source Software Replace Existing OSS Systems?
- HPE Is Getting Hyperconverged
- Future of Converged Data Center Report Available Now
- In Open Source Software, Security Still Needs Attention
- Blue Planet Is Doing Great, but Ciena’s Stock Takes a Hit
- NTT Combines SDN & Data Centers for Cloud Offering
- Cisco ‘DNA’ Targets Hyperconvergence, Openness & APIs
- Cisco Acquiring Leaba, Probably to Build More Router ASICs
- Cisco Buying Hybrid Cloud Firm CliQr for $260M
- VMware President Gets Plucked by a Venture Capital Firm
- Mirantis Shores Up OpenStack Stability
- OPNFV Lets the Rivers of Brahmaputra Flow
- Why Virtualization Is Driving Converged Data Center Infrastructure
- Napatech Tries an FPGA Approach to NFV Performance
- Martin Casado’s Replacement Is Broadcom’s Former Trident Exec