Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Cisco Prefers the Word ‘Automation’ to ‘SDN’ — Whether Cisco uses the terms SDN, NFV, or automation, the company is winning network virtualization contracts.
AT&T Misses Its 2016 OpenStack Deployment Goal — AT&T has more than 80 zones in its AT&T Integrated Cloud (AIC) but still fell short of its 2016 goal.
Ericsson CEO Looks Ahead to an AI-Powered Network — Ericsson envisions artificial intelligence will redefine the way services are delivered.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Branded data center Ethernet switch sales exceeded $10 billion in 2016, according to the latest report from Crehan Research.
Cisco Jasper completed live trials of narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) on its Control Center connectivity management platform.
Adtran is extending its Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD) portfolio by creating a service delivery platform that can use a range of access technologies for fixed or mobile connectivity.
Mobile CORD (M-CORD), an open source project within CORD, announced an open reference system to provide capabilities for 5G innovation.
ARM announced that more than 100 billion chips using its architecture have shipped, prompting CEO Simon Segar to write a blog entry musing on how there could be more than 1 trillion connected devices in the IoT.
Asavie, a provider of IoT connectivity systems, announced the availability of an industrial IoT accelerator kit.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Tata’s New Subsidiary NetFoundry Helps Enterprises Build a WAN
- Cisco-Docker Partnership Involves UCS, Flexpod and Contiv
- Cisco’s OpenDNS Unfolds Into a Managed Security Service
- Hedvig Raises $21.5M and Expands to New Markets
- Telefonica Works on Private LTE Using MEC Technology
- Palo Alto Networks Acquires LightCyber for $105M
- Palo Alto Stock Down 22% After Earnings
- 5G Will Be ‘Useless’ Without NFV, VMware Says
- How Nokia’s Deepfield Maps the ‘Supply Chain of the Internet’
- Operators Pushing Envelope on 5G Timeline
- Ericsson’s Ekholm Says Company Will Be No. 1 Again
- MEF, TM Forum, and Service Providers to Standardize LSO APIs
- Verizon’s Fixed 5G Service May Be Ready to Roll by Late 2018
- SAP States Its Case in Platform-as-a-Service
- AT&T Picks HPE to Deliver Cloud-Based Services
- Sprint CTO Says Network Virtualization Is Happening Soon
- Vapor IO Introd Micro Data Centers for Wireless Base Stations
- T-Mobile’s Neville Ray: 5G is About Capacity and New Capabilities
- Dell Adds Gateways for Industrial Internet of Things
- Nokia Says ‘5G First’ Will Deliver from Core to Cloud
- Aria Adds AI to an SDN Controller