Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
CentruyLink Surges Forward with Its Own Version of CORD — It’s not using the ONOS controller for its CORD project.
AT&T Developed an SDN Controller for 400GbE Trial Between D.C. and NYC — The SDN controller operates on the company’s ECOMP framework using an OpenDaylight design.
Cisco’s Trollope Says Company’s IoT Business Is on Fire — In just one year, Cisco Jasper’s business has grown from 3,500 enterprise customers to 9,000 customers.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Network software vendor NFWare raised $2M in venture funding led by Sistema Venture Capital fund, with participation from existing investors including Maxfield Capital and Almaz Capital VC as well as Wayra, the accelerator of Telefonica Open Future.
SAP Ariba unveiled plans to use blockchain across its cloud-based applications and business network to simplify the way goods and services are traded.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Mocana’s Full-Stack IoT Security Software Targets Manufacturers
- CoreOS Extends Tectonic and Quay to New Environments
- Arris Expects its Acquisition of Brocade Assets to Advance its Growth
- ZTE Hit With a $343M Loss After Paying Fine for U.S. Sanctions Breach
- Cable Plays in the Farm League of Network Virtualization
- Mashape Raises $18M to Fuel API Gateway Growth
- Google Invests in Storage Innovator Avere
- Open19’s Goal: Create an Open Standard for Data Center Infrastructure
- AT&T and IBM Watson Collaborate on Industrial IoT Analytics
- Fujitsu Targets SD-WAN at Smaller-Sized Businesses
- Juniper Rolls Out Data Center Interconnect for Packet and Optical
- HashiCorp Updates Vault Enterprise for Enhanced Security
- Don’t Use Cloud Titans for Applications, Says Mesosphere
- Innovium Raises $38.3M, Rolls Out High End Data Center Switch Chips
- IBM Releases a Beta Blockchain Service for Enterprises
- Virtual Network Operators May Thrive With 5G Network Slicing
- FatPipe Networks Updates Its SD-WAN Platform
- Infinera Software Serves Up On-Demand Optical Capacity
- Interoute Chooses Rancher for Container Management
- Orange Business Services Tap Riverbed for SD-WAN
- Nokia Reorganizes Its Group Leadership Team; Samih Elhage Steps Down