Verizon’s Exponent Acts as a Software Company Inside the Carrier — Verizon is selling software it’s developed for its own networks to other carriers.
Jonathan Davidson Joins Cisco’s Service Provider Business — Cisco has been in discussions with Davidson for months.
Vodafone Selects Nuage for Its ‘Project Ocean’ Data Center Virtualization — Nuage’s Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) is at the heart of the efforts.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NodeSource released its certified modules to provide a more secure way to take advantage of over 400,000 modules in the Node.js ecosystem.
Security companies ProtectWise and Demisto established an integration partnership to help security teams move from breach detection to response and resolution.
According to Dell EMC’s State of IT Trends federal extension, 64 percent of respondents said their organization had deployed software-defined solutions and 85 percent reported progress adopting software-defined data centers SDDCs.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- CoreOS Donates its rkt Container Technology to CNCF
- Wind River’s Titanium Control Platform Eases IoT Transition
- Facebook Tests its White Box Transponder in Europe
- Oracle Stock Up 7% After Q3 Earnings, Cloud Continues to Impress
- ETSI is Bullish on the Results of Its First NFV Interoperability Tests
- AT&T Eyes Late 2018 for Commercial 5G Services
- Ciena to Launch Tools for its Optical Networking Customers
- Docker Donates Containerd to Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- IT Workers Say Their Companies Are Migrating to Virtual Infrastructures, Study Says
- Google: Try Google Functions, Please
- Amid U.S. Sanctions Breach, ZTE Appoints New Chairman
- Navisite Deploys Cisco’s ACI to Increase Network Performance
- VMware Struts its NFV Infrastructure Stuff for Telcos
- The Top Tech Companies With Billions of Dollars Held Offshore
- Intel’s $15B Mobileye Purchase Pushes Company’s Autonomous Car Focus
- Web Titans Have Big Influence on Data Center Networking Efforts
- Sonera Selects Nuage for Enterprise SD-WAN in Europe
- Facebook Updates Its Server Designs, Open Compute Platforms
- Why the 3.5 GHz Band Could Be a Breakthrough for 5G
- How Equinix Uses Software-Defined Networking