Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
VMware Courts Telcos With vCloud NFV 2.0 — vCloud NFV includes themes of service automation, operational intelligence, multi-tenancy, and carrier-grade enhancements.
Juniper Reorganizes to Align Strategy with Execution — The company’s EVP and general manager of development and innovation Jonathan Davidson resigned.
Q&A: Cisco’s David Ulevitch on Security and the Brain in the Cloud — Cisco’s new security chief has ambitions bigger than $2B a year.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
More than a dozen companies are participating in a three-month project to get a better understanding of how network and service management needs to be improved. The participating companies are Amdocs, China Mobile, Ciena, Deutsche Telekom, DELL EMC, Ericsson, HPE, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Infosim, NEC/Netcracker, Nokia, Orchestral Networks, Telefonica, and Viavi Solutions.
Data scientist community Kaggle is joining Google Cloud where it will operate as its own brand within the cloud platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- 5G NR Specification Gets Fast-Tracked by 3GPP Standards Group
- Arista Creates Containerized, Open Version of EOS
- Wireless SD-WAN Provider Cradlepoint Raises $89M in Series C
- Check Point Integrates vSEC Security into the Google Cloud Platform
- Blows Against the Empire: Microsoft to Use Qualcomm-Based Servers in Data Centers
- LogRhythm’s Platform Thwarts Threats by Analyzing Log Data
- ZTE Fined a Record $1.2B For Breaking U.S. Sanctions
- Avaya to Sell Its Networking Business to Extreme Networks for $100M
- Juniper Reorganizes to Align Strategy with Execution
- 5G Use Cases, Friendly Trials Take Focus in Barcelona
- MWC 2017 Attendance Up 7% As 5G, IoT Begin to Take Shape
- Where is the Edge in Edge Computing?
- At MWC, Machine Learning and AI Suddenly Get the Spotlight
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Buy Nimble Storage for $1B
- Both Fixed and Mobile Operators Join to Incorporate NFV into 5G
- Cisco Announces Enhancements to Its HyperFlex HCI
- Pepperdata Launches Big Data Analytics Product
- Sigfox, Ingenu Aggressively Expand IoT Networks in Land Grab
- EdgeConnex: The Tale of a Nimble Company Involved in Edge Computing
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings for February 2017
- Gigamon CMO Steps Down, Sales Leadership Reorganization
- VeloCloud Raises $35M in Series D
- Nutanix Disappoints With Q3 Guidance
- Vendors Beware: Google Is Lending SDN, NFV Expertise to Mobile Operators