Cisco’s Ulevitch: We Say SDN Stands for ‘Still Does Nothing’ — Cisco aims to be a one-stop shop for security.
OpenStack, CORD Remain Central to AT&T Virtualization Plans — CORD is considered a key part of the operator’s 5G plans.
Verizon Pragmatic on Use of OpenStack, Kubernetes, and Containers — Verizon sees open source platforms at varying states of maturity.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Accenture, CertusNet, Coriant, Juniper Networks, Mavenir, Mirantis, PCCW Global, Red Hat, VEON, and Windstream joined the Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP) Project.
Radware released its new Alteon D-line of appliances and software, which are designed to address the challenges around the increase in encrypted traffic and attacks, as well as the need for data center automation.
LightRiver Software and its sister company, LightRiver Technologies acquired Unique Computer Services, a network systems software vendor.
HyperGrid released new hybrid cloud decision intelligence features that were part of the company’s recent acquisition of XOcur.
Frinx and SoftBank collaborated to create an open source-based operations system for SoftBank’s networks.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Segment Routing from Cisco Paves the Way for SDN at Vodafone Germany
- Dell Technologies’ Hyperconverged Systems Saw Triple-Digit Growth in Q1
- Zenoss and Cisco Build NFV Infrastructure Using OpenStack
- Cisco: DDoS Attacks Grew 172% in 2016, Expect 3.1M by 2021
- Shippable Server Looks to Unify DevOps Work into ‘Assembly Lines’
- AWS’ Greengrass Makes Edge Computing Possible for IoT Devices
- Cumulus Steps Into Performance Monitoring with NetQ Launch
- Cedexis Combines Tools for Software-Defined Infrastructure Control
- SAP’s Leonardo IoT Platform Incorporates Machine Learning, Analytics
- VMware Optimizes Workloads Across Public and Private Clouds
- Security Startup’s Predictive Risk Map IDs Breach Scenarios
- HPE-Mesosphere Deal Pushes Hybrid Cloud Adoption
- Agilent Takes Viptela SD-WAN to Life Sciences Space
- HPE Works on a Bridge from Private to Hybrid Clouds
- Hitachi Data Systems Updates Its Object Storage Technology
- Kalaam Telecom Launches Versa SD-WAN in the Persian Gulf
- Nokia Collaborated with University of Notre Dame on MEC Trial
- DitialOcean Launches Cloud Firewalls to Secure Cloud Platform
- Canonical Set to Lose Cloud VP to a ‘New Adventure’
- Security Startup Armis Raises $17M to Eliminate IoT Blind Spots
- Juniper Security Platform Now Supports Cisco Switches
- Google, Lyft, and IBM Launch Istio Microservices Management Platform
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings — June 5, 2017
- NEC/Netcracker’s Controller Gives a View Over Other Controllers
- Oracle Adds Machine Learning, AI to Cloud Security Services
- SD-WAN Monitoring Won’t Become an Independent Segment, Analyst Says
- Lack of Experience May Plague IoT Security Startups
- Hybrid-Cloud Strategy, SaaS Boost VMware Revenue 9% in Q1
- Arista Scores Another Win in Cisco Patent Dispute
- AT&T Buys Brocade’s Vyatta Assets, Including the vRouter