Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Cisco Gets on Board Microsoft’s SONiC Train — Cisco’s fixed Nexus switches can be used with SONiC software.
Cisco: We’re Giving Ericsson ‘Space’ on Cisco Ericsson Partnership — The partnership is expected to get back on track in the next three to six months.
SD-WAN Vendors Look to Service Providers to Target SMBs — SMBs don’t have all of the IT networking expertise of large enterprises.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
ZTE Corporation completed interoperability testing of its software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) after integrating InfoVista’s application performance orchestration product with its Micro Cloud Gateway platform.
In relation to its recently announced intent-based networking, Cisco started an ecosystem of customers, developers, and partners to build new networks that can recognize intent, mitigate threats, and learn over time.
Excelero’s NVMesh server SAN now supports container storage for hyperscale architectures utilizing Kubernetes.
Flash Networks entered a strategic partnership for network functions virtualization (NFV)-based solutions with ZTE Corporation.
ZPE Systems unveiled its Nodegrid Services Router, which is an appliance designed for remote and branch office management capabilities.
Catchpoint introduced Guided Intelligence to its platform. It’s a suite of algorithmic features that helps IT and DevOps teams gain insights from Catchpoint’s performance monitoring data.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Platform9 Snares $22M in New Funding for SaaS Managed Push
- Actility Bets on LoRa Leadership in Industrial IoT Race
- Microsoft Acquires Cloudyn to Optimize Cloud Usage
- AT&T Passive Optical Network Trial to Test Open Source Software
- The Future of Network Design Is White Box, AT&T Says
- Linux Foundation Launches Open Security Controller Project
- Nutanix’s Cloud Offerings Show It’s All-In On Hybrid Cloud
- JFrog Bolsters DevOps Position with CloudMunch Acqusition
- ForeScout Extends Security Platform Across Public and Private Clouds
- Ericsson Hints at Tighter Re-Org Focus on Telecom, Networks
- China Unicom Will Test 5G Using Cavium Silicon and M-CORD Racks
- Silver Peak Touts Service Provider Strategy with China Telecom Deal
- Google, Nutanix Partnership Boosts Hybrid Cloud Strategy
- Netscout Disaggregates Packet Broker Bundle for Open Compute Platforms
- Cisco Picks ExtraHop to Strengthen Tetration
- Cisco Jasper Expands IoT Connectivity to NB-IoT, LTE-M
- AT&T 5G Trials Set to Include SDN, vRAN ‘Experiment’
- Security Startup Jask Raises $14.5M for AI-Based Network Monitoring
- GTT Ramps its SD-WAN with $161M Purchase of Global Capacity
- 5G Standards Work Hitting Hurdles of Reality, Could See Delays
- SevOne Integrates SDN Monitoring with Cisco ACI
- Telefonica Peru Transforms Central Office to Cloud Data Center
- Ericsson to Prep Vodafone UK’s 4G LTE Network for 5G
- Cisco, McAfee Take On Email Security
- 128 Technology Brings its Session-Based Routing to Nesic
- WiPro Latest to Tap Red Hat’s OpenShift Container Platform
- Container OS Platforms Look to Remain Thin as Market Balloons
- Oracle Cloud Business Sends Revenue Soaring in Fiscal Q4