Barefoot Networks’ McKeown: On OpenFlow, P4 & the Programmable Network — It’s the “write once, run many” principle.
CenturyLink Offers SD-WAN with Versa Networks Technology — It doesn’t think it will cannibalize its MPLS revenues.
15 Million AT&T Wireless Customers Run on Virtualized Core — AT&T is starting to see benefits from Domain 2.0.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NEC Corporation completed its first pre-commercial trial for for virtual Customer Premises Equipment (vCPE) for residential users in the network of Telefonica’s Brazilian affiliate VIVO.
Big Switch Networks updated its SDN-based Big Monitoring Fabric and Big Cloud Fabric systems.
Western Digital, a storage technology company, announced an all-flash storage system with HPE ProLiant DL Rack Servers and VMware Virtual SAN running SQL Server 2016 workloads.
6WIND upgraded its OpenStack network functions virtualization (NFV) Test Drive platform on Advantech servers, comprising 40 GE wire speed connectivity on Ubuntu OpenStack compute nodes.
Here are the other storiesSDxCentralcovered this week:
- Arista Takes a Blow in Patent Infringement Case
- CENGN Pharos Lab Puts Canada on OPNFV Map
- Red Hat Buys API Management Company 3scale
- GE’s Predix IoT Platform Attracts Developers
- GigaSpace Previews its Cloudify Telecom Edition
- Nokia Teams with Intel on OPNFV Testing
- Apstra OS Can Detect Data Center Problems
- Juniper Addresses IT Skills Gap
- Docker Store Open for Business
- Docker Momentum Mesmerizes and Threatens
- Samsung’s IoT Business To Grow With $1.2B Investment
- 128 Technology Raises $36M to Simplify Virtual Routers
- Weave Cloud Integrates Docker Containers with AWS
- Docker Orchestration Is the Focus of Docker 1.12
- Docker Market Share Soars 30%, says Datadog Research
- Dell Sells Software Group to Francisco Partners, Elliot
- Container Networking an Opportunity for NV Overlays
- Platform9’s Managed Kubernetes Available in Beta