Barefoot Networks’ McKeown: On OpenFlow, P4 & the Programmable Network — It’s the “write once, run many” principle.
CenturyLink Offers SD-WAN with Versa Networks Technology — It doesn’t think it will cannibalize its MPLS revenues.
15 Million AT&T Wireless Customers Run on Virtualized Core — AT&T is starting to see benefits from Domain 2.0.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NEC Corporation completed its first pre-commercial trial for for virtual Customer Premises Equipment (vCPE) for residential users in the network of Telefonica’s Brazilian affiliate VIVO.
Big Switch Networks updated its SDN-based Big Monitoring Fabric and Big Cloud Fabric systems.
Western Digital, a storage technology company, announced an all-flash storage system with HPE ProLiant DL Rack Servers and VMware Virtual SAN running SQL Server 2016 workloads.
Here are the other storiesSDxCentralcovered this week:
- Arista Takes a Blow in Patent Infringement Case
- CENGN Pharos Lab Puts Canada on OPNFV Map
- Red Hat Buys API Management Company 3scale
- GE’s Predix IoT Platform Attracts Developers
- GigaSpace Previews its Cloudify Telecom Edition
- Nokia Teams with Intel on OPNFV Testing
- Apstra OS Can Detect Data Center Problems
- Juniper Addresses IT Skills Gap
- Docker Store Open for Business
- Docker Momentum Mesmerizes and Threatens
- Samsung’s IoT Business To Grow With $1.2B Investment
- 128 Technology Raises $36M to Simplify Virtual Routers
- Weave Cloud Integrates Docker Containers with AWS
- Docker Orchestration Is the Focus of Docker 1.12
- Docker Market Share Soars 30%, says Datadog Research
- Dell Sells Software Group to Francisco Partners, Elliot
- Container Networking an Opportunity for NV Overlays
- Platform9’s Managed Kubernetes Available in Beta