Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins Predicts the Future is Intent-Based Networking — Robbins said intent-based networking will “redefine the network for the next 30 years.”
Juniper’s ‘Node Slicing’ Carves Out Different Functions on Router — Juniper purposely borrowed the term ‘slicing’ from 5G.
Arista Upgrades Merchant Silicon in its Spine & Leaf Routing/Switching — Arista is targeting three particular types of customers for its R-Series: cable companies, Internet exchanges, and cloud hosting companies.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Benu Networks received two technology patents. The first was for creating a centrally-managed WiFi product using software-defined networking (SDN), and the other was for its system of providing services in a virtual CPE (vCPE) deployment.
Lenovo unveiled a new data center portfolio that enables customers to create a technology foundation that supports data analytics, high-performance computing, hybrid cloud, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) vendor Talari Networks partnered with Technology Solutions to access its ecosystem of services providers, systems integrators, and virtualization experts.
ParkMyCloud now offers “parking” for AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. This allows users to put resources on on/off schedules, so they only pay for the hours they’re actually using.
EdgeConneX, the U.S. subsidiary of Megaport, expanded the availability of Megaport’s elastic interconnection services in EdgeConneX’s Houston, Texas; Santa Clara, Calif.; and Boston edge data centers.
PitchBook released a new platform architecture designed to deliver new datasets and increase scalability. PitchBook is a data provider that tracks the private and public markets, specializing in venture capital, private equity, and M&A.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Nuage Wins SDN and SD-WAN Business with Italian Service Provider
- Red Hat Brings Hpyerconverged Infrastructure to Branch Offices
- SUSE CaaS Platform Rides Growing Container Interest
- Microsoft Open Source Efforts Foster Collaboration with Rivals, Customers
- Cisco, NetApp Hyperconverged Infrastructure Uses All-Flash Storage
- AT&T’s Project AirGig May Be a Backhaul Savior
- New European 5G Group Will Focus on Network Slicing, Industry Verticals
- Packet Design Moves Into the SDN Business
- HPE Appoints Its First President: Antonio Neri, a 22-Year HP Veteran
- Level 3 Unveils Managed SD-WAN Service
- Vapor IO Snares Tower Deal, Prepares to Launch Edge Computing Project
- CENX Names New CEO, Focused on NFV Assurance Collaboration
- ADVA Metro Optical Transport Gains Greater SDN Control, 5g Sync
- More Than 29% of APAC Operators Expect to Have 5G by 2020, Study Says
- AT&T and AWS Boost Cloud Software Connectivity and Security Pact
- NTT Launches SD-WAN Platform with Virtela’s SDN Expertise
- How SAP, T-Mobile, and Intel Use Cloud Foundry’s Open Source Platform
- Arista Upgrades Merchant Silicon in its Spine & Leaf Routing/Switching
- NTT to Use Coriant Optical Network Platform in SDN-Powered Data Centers
- Top Tech Titans Head to Washington For White House Summit
- BlackBerry Cites Security Challenge Behind Proprietary Container Product
- Verizon Uses Cisco’s IWAN and Virtual Managed Services
- Virtustream, Pivotal Partner to Provide Managed Enterprise Cloud Service
- Expereo Acquires Border 6 for SD-WAN Underlay Platform