NEC and Dell are collaborating to deliver a high-performance SDN-enabled fabric. The announcement firms up an existing NEC/Dell partnership, and will allow Dell to sell NEC’s controller, while NEC controllers are certified to use Dell switches. In doing so, NEC will expand its reach within the market, and Dell can grow its SDN portfolio.
KEMP Technologies released an ADC migration tool in its continued effort to support Cisco ACE customers. The beta version of the new product analyzes the configuration file of a Cisco ACE, and then configures it into a format that complements the KEMP LoadMaster.
NEC and NetCracker said Swisscom signed a memorandum of understanding with both as part of its move toward the cloud. NEC and NetCracker will help Swisscom transition to a full cloud environment by co-developing next-generation IT services, and speeding up Swisscom’s virtualization features.
IHS research reported that bare metal switches accounted for 12 percent of data center Ethernet ports shipped worldwide in the first quarter. Other research highlights include: the ADC and WAN optimization device market went down 14 percent, and F5 claimed the top spot for virtual ADC appliance revenue, beating out Citrix in the first quarter of 2015.
Rancher Labs released a management platform beta to run Docker containers after announcing last week it raised $10 million in its latest funding round from the Mayfield Fund.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Barefoot Networks Steps Into the ONS Spotlight
- StackEngine’s Docker Orchestration For Dummies
- Corsa SDN Metering & QoS Help Big Data Workloads
- Oracle Cloud Services Grow as Overall Revenue Flags
- OpenStack in a Box: Breqwatr Launches Cloud IT Service
- Through the Looking Glass: Google’s Data Center Network
- Microsoft Azure Gives SDN a Hardware Assist
- Survey: Container Adoption Is Skyrocketing
- AT&T Wants to Push NFV Down to Optical Transport
- ONS 2015: Open Source is Already Here
- IBM Makes ‘Huge Bet’ on Apache Spark Data Engine
- Brocade Retires ‘Vyatta’ and Other Acquired Brand Names
- Forget MPLS — Silver Peak Is Uniting the WAN With EdgeConnect