Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Top SD-WAN Vendors Based on Revenue in Q1 2017 — Viptela leads the pack but VeloCloud is also a strong contender, IHS says.
Nokia’s Silicon is the ‘Best Router Chip on the Planet,’ Says Analyst — Nokia says its FP4 silicon will enable webscale operators and service providers to build faster, more secure networks.
Cisco Aims to ‘Meraki-fy’ its Software Business, Lohmeyer Says — The company is making software sticky so it can move customers to a subscription model.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Excelero was assigned a U.S. patent for its NVMesh server SAN product that helps share NVMe devices at data center scale.
Prevoty appointed Sharon Vardi as the company’s chief marketing officer and released its latest version of Prevoty RASP.
Global Convergence (GCI), entered into a new distribution agreement that adds Big Switch solutions to the GCI line card effective immediately.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Nokia’s Software is Key to Insight-Driven Automated Networking
- Microsoft Boosts Container Focus With Nano Server, Linux Updates
- Aryaka Launches Clientless SD-WAN for Remote Workers
- AT&T to Join Verizon in Working With KT in NFV, SDN, and 5G
- Dell’Oro Group: SD-WAN Market to Grow 33% Over Next 5 Years
- Tintri Files for IPO as Flash-Based Cloud Storage Market Surges
- CA and Netrounds Partner to Combine Monitoring and Testing
- Watch Out for Comcast in Network Virtualization, Says TBR
- Broadcom Adds Software Control Over Chip-Based Switches
- MemSQL Managed Cloud Database Supports AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Enea and ARM Help Create a Desktop OPNFV Lab
- CenturyLink Extends Partnership with Meraki to Bolster Branch Options
- Microsoft Joins Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Cisco Dives Further Into IoT Space With Actility Investment
- What Network Engineers Should Know About Blockchain
- Datadog Integrates Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring with Cloud Foundry
- 5G Subscribers in North America Will Top 125M by 2022, Ericsson Report Says
- Kubernetes and Containers Power Ocado Automated Warehouse Platform
- BlackBerry Hypervisor Uses Containers for Connected Car Security
- Enterprises Need ‘Security 101’ to Keep IoT Devices Safe
- Verizon Views SDN and NFV as a Foundation for 5G