How Customers Use VMware’s NSX (Hint: It’s Not Just a Security Use Case) — Nike used VMware Integrated OpenStack in conjunction with NSX to deploy applications in minutes.
AT&T Invests Up to $200M in ONAP-Focused Venture Capital Fund — Some view ONAP as “horrendously complex” to implement.
FTC Worries that Broadcom’s Purchase of Brocade Creates a Fibre Channel Switch Monopoly — The FTC doesn’t want the deal to quash competition with Cisco.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
AT&T completed its previously announced acquisition of the Vyatta network operating system and associated assets of Brocade Communications. The deal also included the hiring of several dozen Brocade employees who are mostly located in California and the U.K.
Software testing company QualiTest Group acquired Experior Group, a SAP-certified partner in the U.K. focused on software testing.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Cloud Infrastructure Spending to Reach $40B in 2017, IDC Says
- NTT to use Rancher Labs Container Management for Enterprise Cloud
- ETSI Releases APIs to Promote MEC Interoperability
- Fragmentation, Standards Remain Challenges to Open Optical Network
- SK Telecom, NTT DoCoMo Beat AT&T in ‘Most Promising’ 5G Operator List
- ADVA Optical Networking to Acquire Rival MRV for $69M
- Microsoft Reorganization Aims to Boost Cloud Business
- Security Startup Taps Blockchain to Assign Unhackable Digital IDs
- HPE, Wipro Bet on Pay-Per-Use IT
- Kubernetes 1.7 Update Focuses on Security, Storage, Extensibility