5 Funding Insights from a Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist — Index Ventures’ Mike Volpi shares some thoughts on the current startup landscape and the impact of the public cloud.
Hans Vestberg’s Rise and Fall: How Ericsson’s CEO Lost His Shine — A look back at Ericsson’s big plans of the last six years.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD) project added the Broadband Forum, Lime Micro, NTT East, Quortus and Telefónica as collaborators.
Huawei appointed David He as the new president of Huawei Enterprise U.S. He will be based in the company’s U.S. headquarters in Plano, Texas and will oversee the Enterprise Business Group’s American operations.
FusionLayer received certification for its software-defined IP Address Management (SD-IPAM) system on Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)’s network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure and OpenStack distribution.
AlienVault updated its Open Threat Exchange (OTX), which now includes OTX ThreatFinder, a service for analyzing compromised systems.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- HPE Rumored to Be a Private Equity Target
- AWS Rocks Amazon’s Second Quarter
- Riverbed Acquires Aternity to Improve End User Experience
- Machine-Learning Analytics Tools Will Be Building Block for IoT
- GE Will Let Developers Run Predix Off-Cloud
- SoftBank Chooses Cradlepoint for Cloud WAN
- ThousandEyes Uses Crowdsourcing to Find Internet Outages
- A10 Embarks on a Cloud Journey by Buying Appcit0
- NetScaler’s Star Rises at Citrix as GoTo Goes Away
- Adtran’s Mosaic SD-Access Architecture Targets Operators Migrating to SDN
- Intel Puts Numbers on the Security Talent Shortage
- GE Ventures & March Capital Fund IoT Startup FogHorn
- Security & Gross Margins Dampen Juniper’s Q2 Earnings
- Amdocs Will Be An Integrator For AT&T’s ECOMP Platform
- Google Joins CORD, Now a Separate Open Source Group
- GE Issues Kits to Get IoT Developers Onto Predix Faster
- RCN Business Chooses Versa’s Software-Defined Security
- Mirantis Pegs OpenStack’s Future to Kubernetes
- Box is Trying Teridion’s Distributed Routers
- Huawei Reports a 40% Surge in 1H’16
- SoftLayer’s Founder Aims to Build a Security-as-a-Service Powerhouse
- Vestberg is Ousted as Ericsson CEO
- Brocade & Ericsson Support the White House’s 5G Group
- Gartner Says IT Spending Will Jump More Than $1T
- From Farms to Homes: AT&T Tests Drones for Industrial IoT Apps