Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
AT&T’s Stephens: 47% of Network Functions Are Virtualized — AT&T credits SDN and NFV with helping it lower its costs.
What Does Cisco’s Intent-Based Networking Actually Do? — Cisco stole some marketing thunder from MEF, which is taking over some of ONF’s work on the technology.
Serverless Computing May Offer Better Economics Than Virtual Machines — IBM is less expensive than rivals Microsoft, Google, or AWS.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NTT Communications launched international data network services in India through its affiliate NTT Communications India Network Services. This follows the construction of the company’s two new data centers in Mumbai and Bangalore.
Hologram‘s LTE software-defined cellular network is now available for connecting Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Hologram is best known for developing software products for IoT developers and built a cellular network for connected devices.
Bell Canada joined as Cengn’s newest consortium member. The partnership will focus on collaboration between Cengn’s lab infrastructure and Bell’s expertise in providing broadband fiber and wireless networks.
Security startup Bricata raised an $8 million Series A to continue its investment in research and development.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Are Hosted Orchestration Platforms More Secure Than Going it Alone?
- Bare Metal Cloud Startup Packet Builds Edge Compute Footprint
- Big Switch Networks Closes $30.7M in Funding
- Nokia Profits Jump in 2Q Thanks to Apple Deal, Market Share Gains
- Huawei’s AR Series Routers Support its SD-WAN
- Latest OpenFlow Combo with Open vSwitch Shows Security Chops
- Oracle Cloud Push Takes on Enterprise Monetization Efforts
- Facebook CSO Lobbies for InfoSec Compassion, Diversity at Black Hat
- Bigleaf Focuses on Channel Resellers to Tackle SD-WAN
- WiFi Startup Mist Uses Machine Learning to Improve Connectivity
- Juniper CEO Hints at Acquisition Prospects During Q2 2017 Earnings Call
- Cisco Goes for Premier Membership in Blockchain Project
- Cavium Programmable Switch Family Reaches for Hybrid Cloud Market
- CenturyLink Releases New Flavors of SD-WAN Connectivity
- Performance Monitoring Companies Attracting Private Equity Investment
- Lacework Bolsters Cloud Security Platform, Adds Docker Support
- Israeli Startup Iguazio Attracts $33M Series B
- Google CEO ‘Surprised’ at Cloud Uptake, Use Cases
- SK Telecom Develops Quantum Cryptography Chip for IoT
- Big Data Provider Cloudwick Launches Security Analytics Platform
- Fiber Pays Off for Carriers, SD-WAN Not So Much, Yet
- Cisco to Add Automation, SDN Control to TIM’s Optical Network
- AT&T’s Gordon Mansfield: No Surprises Yet in 5G Trials
- Top Players in the Container Ecosystem You Should Know