Happy Friday, everyone! Wondering what you missed this week? Don’t worry, the SDxCentral news roundup is here to deliver the news bits surrounding software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and more. Get ready, ‘cuz it’s coming atcha:
SD-WAN company Pertino said its Cloud Networking engine now has new features for branch, data center, and IoT environments. Pertino Gateway was introduced as a virtual gateway connecting Pertino to IP-enabled devices, and Pertino SmartZones acts as a control manager of network traffic between local and overlay networks.
Cisco finally offed the Invicta product line, a move reported by the Register, further proving the 2013 Whiptail acquisition may have not been the best investment. But hey, $415 million is just chump change, right?
SimpliVity saw quite the bump in sales this year, announcing it grew bookings by 250 percent year-over-year in 2015’s first half.
Infinera Cloud Xpress will now be in Hong Kong data centers. Equinix picked the platform to enhance customer interconnectivity between Equinix locations in the same metro area.
Rackspace and Intel are collaborating to create the OpenStack Innovation Center in the hopes to speed up development and bring new contributing developers to the project. The Center will be housed at Rackspace’s HQ in San Antonio, Texas.
A KDDI R&D proof-of-concept (PoC) got Wind River to join in the hunt for a automated operation for NFV test beds. Wind River’s Titanium Server will be used as the basis to test the deployment of VNFs.
“Make yourself presentable, HP nerds!” At least, that’s what I imagine the subject line was in a confidential note (yes, confidential) that HP’s bigwigs distributed to R&D teams, telling them to class it up in the style department. Apparently execs are worried that the Silicon Valley uniform of cargo shorts and last year’s HP corporate retreat tee is off-putting to potential customers.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Cisco ‘Hackers’ Ad Highlights Pivot To Security
- Juniper Stock Pops as Service Provider Sales Bounce Back
- Amazon Web Services Reports More Profits, More Growth
- Infinera Stock Vaults 12% on Strong Q2
- Cisco Selling Its Set-Top Business, in the Name of IoT
- Oops! Open Container Initiative Realizes Its Horrible Mistake
- VMware Q2 Points Toward Growth Beyond vSphere
- Cloud Gains Don’t Prevent Microsoft’s Record Loss
- Ziften Gets $24M Boost in Endpoint Detection Race
- Google & Friends Launch Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Gigamon’s GigaSecure Offers Visibility as Security
- Would You Believe NFV Is Already a $2.3B Market?