Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Juniper Networks Snatches its New CTO Bikash Koley from Google — Juniper’s former CTO was the founder of the company.
AWS-VMware Rumor: Enterprise Data Center Software in the Works? — The two former rivals first partnered last year.
AT&T Touts MEC as a Tool to Reduce Latency, Boost Performance — The company said it is adding intelligence to its towers, central offices, and small cells that are at the “edge” of the cloud.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Arista Networks suffered a loss in its technology dispute with Cisco when the International Trade Commission refused to set aside an order blocking importation of some of Arista’s network switches, reported Reuters in regard to the ongoing saga.
Utopia published a fun map showing the top tech companies in each state of the U.S.
Deutsche Telekom joined the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) as a partner.
Adlink developed a new data center compute node based on the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors. This is the company’s first product based on the Open Compute Project (OCP)-accepted OpenSled specification.
Genband also added a Converged Intelligent Messaging (CIM) product to its NFV portfolio to help service providers expand their fixed and mobile messaging offerings.
The Italian mobile operator TIM said later this year it will start to update the mobile sites of its network in the Republic of San Marino with 4.5G as well as some features of 5G.
Insight Engines raised $15.8 million in Series A to make it easier to query big data.
The cybersecurity firm RSA unveiled the next release of its RSA NetWitness Suite to increase productivity for security analysts and to accelerate threat detection and response.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Verizon Looks at Phased Software Approach for Optical Networking
- SoftNAS SD-Storage Improves Cloud Object Storage Speed
- MEF Embarks on Standardization of SD-WAN
- Linux’s EdgeX IoT Group Adds Members, Forms Governing Team
- Datrium Goes Outside VMware Zone to Run Multiple Cloud Environments
- Nuage Wins its Ninth SD-WAN Deal with a Service Provider — Telus
- Kentik Scores KDDI Deal, Extends Monitoring Platform to Japan
- IBM Opens 4 Cloud Data Centers, Reports Declining Revenue
- OCI Releases Container Runtime, Image Format Specs
- Oracle Cloud ‘Identical’ in Data Centers and the Public Cloud, VP Says
- Ixia Brings in ProtectWise to Strengthen Cloud Visibility Product
- Rackspace Partners with Google Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Awake Security Pops Out of Stealth Mode with $30M, Automation Focus
- Ericsson Continues Downward Spiral in 2Q, More Restructuring Ahead
- Security Startup Corelight Raises $9.2M for Enterprise Network Visibility
- Want to Transfer Data to Google Cloud? Send it by Mail
- Comcast Expands machineQ IoT Network to 12 Markets
- Mushroom Networks Offers Up VNF Services to its Partners
- Market Maturation Keeping Container Vendors on Their Toes
- Bullish on Blockchain: Microsoft Offers Blockchain-as-a-Service
- Private Equity Firm Buys Sandvine for $444M, Merges with Procera
- Senet Retools Business Plan to Focus on the IoT Back Office
- Container Security is a Multifaceted Task as Enterprise Use Grows
- Microsoft AI Lab Aims to Give Machines Common Sense
- AT&T Reorg Puts John Donovan Over Telecom and DirecTV Biz, Report Says