Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Walmart Offers OpenStack a 6th Birthday Present — The retailer has some DevOps power to share.
5 Takeaways From Chuck Robbins’ First Cisco Live Keynote — Switches don’t matter like they used to.
Verizon To Vendors: Here Are Our 5G Specs — Why wait for standards?
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Shareholders are set to vote on the Dell/EMC merger on July 19.
Symantec announced that Blue Coat executive Michael Fey will be president and chief operating officer once the acquisition of Blue Coat closes.
Netcracker completed the acquisition of CoralTree Systems, a provider of converged systems for European service providers.
Rackspace said more than 300 of its engineers and architects have now achieved professional and associate Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications. The certifications are achieved through comprehensive exams that evaluate the candidate’s real world understanding of AWS.
Intel added Dr. Tsu-Jae King Liu to its board.
Flashpoint, a security startup specializing in business risk intelligence, raised a $10 million Series B round.
Sandvine joined the Cisco Solution Partner Program.
Italtel has joined the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) OpenNFV Partner Program as an official application partner.
Adtran reported second-quarter earnings. Sales were $162.7 million compared to $160.1 million for the same quarter a year ago. Net income was $10.2 million, 21 cents per share, compared to $2.5 million, 31 cents per share, a year ago.
Tufin integrated the its orchestration suite with Cisco’s Application-Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to deliver security policy management across physical and public, private, and hybrid cloud networks.
Mirantis released version 9.0 of its OpenStack distribution.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- AT&T’s Threat Intellect Combines Security & SDN
- Juniper Finds Another Security Flaw
- Cisco SD-WAN is More Complicated Than Others’
- Operators Are Migrating From NFV MANO Trials to Reality
- Bay Dynamics Raises $23M in Series B Funding
- FCC Hands Out Advantage With New 5G Rules
- Black Hat Attendees Worry about IoT Security — Just Not Right Now
- The Strategy Heads of Cisco & Ericsson Talk Once a Week
- AT&T & IBM Collaborate on IoT Tools for Developers
- How Roomba & AWS Could Kick-start Consumer IoT
- Etisalat Chooses Arista and Ubuntu OpenStack for Its NFV Deployment
- TelePacific Expands Footprint with SD-WAN Pilot
- Microsoft Turns Azure Stack Into a Turnkey Product
- UNH-IOL Tackles SDN Interoperability with New Consortium
- GE’s Predix IoT Platform Will be Available On Microsoft Azure
- Ironically, Datadog Suffers a Security Breach
- Cisco Shows It can Build Security Products, Too
- Cisco Debuts 3 New Branch Office Security Products
- Enterprises Accelerating Move to the Cloud, Wikibon Says
- cPacket Adds Bursty Analytics to Its Performance Monitoring
- Datadog Integrates Azure Resource Manager Into Its Monitoring System