Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Citrix Loses Another CEO as Company Shifts Focus to NetScaler — This is the company’s second CEO in a little over a year.
Intel Next-Gen Processors Target Networking, Data Center Workloads — The processors are designed to support cloud computing, AI, and 5G.
Microsoft Azure Stack Systems to Ship in September — The Azure stack lets enterprises build a private-cloud version of the Azure public cloud in their own data centers.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Security firm Darktrace raised a $75 million Series D led by Insight Venture Partners, with participation from existing investors Summit Partners, KKR, and TenEleven Ventures.
RagingWire Data Center launched its Cloud Connect service to provide direct access to clouds, software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications, and enterprises.
PTC and Tech Mahindra opened an Industrial IoT Center at Tech Mahindra’s headquarters in Bangalore, India. The facility is designed to showcase the technology that companies can use for digital transformation.
Telxius offers its customers terabit capacity subsea service activation on its subsea network between the U.S., Brazil, and Puerto Rico. These services are enabled by Infinera’s Instant Bandwidth software.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Oracle Deal Checked Box for AT&T’s NetBond Expansion
- FD.io Sees Packet Speeds Double with Intel’s New Chips
- Top 3 Software-Defined Storage Vendors Include VMware and IBM
- T-Mobile Trials NB-IoT in Las Vegas as IoT Tech Battle Rages
- InterCloud Sources SD-WAN Functions from MSPs
- Cisco Adds Observable Networks to it Security Startup Acquisitions
- Another Service Provider Picks VeloCloud for SD-WAN
- Latest Fedora Project OS Tips its Hat to Container Upgrades
- SK Telecom Creates its Own In-House NFV MANO
- Edgewise Brings Zero-Trust Security to the Data Center and Cloud
- Google Container Engine Gains Kubernetes 1.7 Updates
- SAP Adds Smarts to Leonardo and the IoT Network Edge
- Viptela Updates SD-WAN Fabric to Enhance Cloud Usage
- IBM’s Cognitive Platform ‘Augments Human Intelligence’
- Linux Foundation Blockchain Group Debuts Hyperledger Fabric 1.0
- Cisco’s New UCS Servers Include Hybrid Cloud Management Software
- Red Hat Throws Training Wheels on OpenShift Online
- Cloud Security Firm HyTrust Raises $36M, Purchases DataGravity
- Affirmed Networks Makes Network Slicing Possible on LTE
- AT&T Deepens Oracle Cloud Collaboration with NetBond Connectivity
- Cloud Providers Tap Private Brokers for IPv4 Addresses
- NFV and SDN Only Slightly Offset Costs Needed for U.S. Fiber Investment
- Zscaler Security Integrates with Several SD-WAN Vendors
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings — July 10, 2017
- Security for Cloud and IoT is a Growing Concern for IT and Executives
- API Security Startup Elastic Beam Uses AI to Block Attacks
- Apple Engineers Founded SnapRoute, Which Now Helps AT&T
- Kubernetes, Swarm, and Mesos Central in Container Orchestration Space
- 3-D Chip Integrates Computing and Data Storage