Sources: Microsoft Tried To Buy Docker for $4B — Rumors ran rampant at DockerCon.
Former Cisco Executives Form Startup To Deliver Cloud-based IoT — The startup Mist uses WiFi technology for IoT.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
InterCloud Systems received over $4 million in purchase orders since the beginning of 2016 for software-defined networking (SDN) and virtual network function (VNF) validation services for an undisclosed networking company.
ABI Research forecast that security policy orchestration and automation will hit $1 billion in global revenues by 2020.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Avaya & Inocybe Test SDN at an IoT Scale
- Deutsche Telekom & Huawei Advance Narrow-Band IoT
- Meet Mojatatu: A Quiet Company That Verizon Chose for SDN
- 84% of IoT Data Comes From Data Center Equipment
- Sales Engineers in Big Demand But Training is Lacking
- Nokia Virtualizes Diameter Signaling for Traffic Control
- CenturyLink Buys SDN & NFV Assets of Active Broadband Network
- Deutsche Telekom Deploys SD-WAN Prototype
- Cisco’s LoRaWAN Combines LoRa, WiFi, and Cellular for IoT
- Cisco Pays $293M for CloudLock, a Cloud Security Firm
- Juniper Unveils ‘More Than SD-WAN’
- First 5G Radio Spec Will be Available in June 2018, 3GPP says