Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Q&A with Arpit Joshipura, Head of Networking for The Linux Foundation — He needs to harmonize all the different Linux Foundation open source groups that are working on aspects of network virtualization.
Open-O and OSM Do Not Compete, Insists Chairman of ETSI ISG NFV — The ETSI group hosted its first Plugtest this week in Spain.
Cisco Brings the Infrastructure, AppDynamics Brings the Analytics — Cisco is an AppDynamics customer, which laid some of the groundwork for the surprising $3.9 billion acquisition.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Ericsson will support service providers that deploy OpenECOMP and work with AT&T to encourage industry alignment.
Huawei and Red Hat are expanding their cooperation to include public and NFV clouds. The announcement expands upon previously announced collaborations between both companies to deliver OpenStack-based systems and carrier-grade software-defined networking (SDN) systems.
Apple has joined the Partnership on AI as a founding member. Amazon, DeepMind/Google, Facebook, IBM, and Microsoft created the non-profit organization to advance public understanding of artificial intelligence technologies (AI).
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) announced the executives who are serving as officers on the 2017 Board of Directors, along with nine new and re-appointed board members.
Panzura announced an expansion in functionality and services to meet the increasingly large enterprise demand for hybrid cloud storage.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Intel Performs in Data Center, IoT Growth, Beats Q4 Expectations
- Juniper Attracts Cloud Customers, Beats Q4 Expectations
- Nokia CTO Discusses Competing 5G Specs and 2017 Trials
- VMware CEO is Pumped About AWS Partnership and Telco Market
- Software-Defined Networking Reaches Down to the Access Network
- Citrix Beats Q4 but Starts 2017 on a Weak Note
- Ericsson CEO Ekholm Cuts Dividend as Company Tries to Regain Financial Footing
- AT&T CEO Says Trump Meeting Made Him Optimistic About 2017
- F5 Reports Product Growth in Q1 and Hopes for More
- Security Startup SentinelOne Raises $70M
- Ciena Extends its Blue Planet Division Into Analytics
- Xirrus Updates CommandCenter for Managed Service Providers
- Cisco Interrupts AppDynamics’ IPO With a $3.7B Offer
- Data Center SDN Still Stuck in Trial Phase, IHS Says
- Platfrom9’s Fission Puts an Open Source Spin on Serverless
- Alternative Facts: Private Cloud versus Public Cloud
- Oracle to Lay Off 450 in Its Hardware Operation
- Verizon Expands 5G Market Trials Across the U.S.
- Cumulus & Apstra Demo on Facebook’s Backpack & Wedge Switches
- HPE Acquiring Cloud Cruiser to Meter Cloud Usage
- Turbonomic Secures $50M to Boost Performance Assurance Platform
- Q&A with Arpit Joshipura, Head of Networking for The Linux Foundation
- IoT Button Gives AWS a Chance to Show Off Lambda
- Tricentis Raises $165M to Deliver Software Testing
- Microsoft to Announce Job Cuts Across Multiple Business Units
- Deutsche Telekom Invests in SD-WAN Vendor Aryaka
- Billionaire Needs a New SDN Networks in Quest to Cure Cancer
- Strategic Imperatives Could Soon Be 50% of IBM