Mellanox said its contentious acquisition of EZchip should close late in February, now that the deal has been approved by EZchip shareholders. Activist hedge fund Raging Capital Management, which was protesting the deal, is now on board with it.
The OPNFV Project welcomed Openet as a silver member and the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) and the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL) as associate members.
Australia’s Telstra launched two enhancements to its SDN platform. Using the new PEN Exchange, organizations can connect their network circuits on-demand with other PEN customers. The new PEN Marketplace allows customers to order virtual network functions (VNFs).
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- VMware Reportedly Prepping Layoffs in vSphere
- TeliaSonera & Ericsson to Deploy 5G by 2018
- Cumulus Raises $35M
- Docker Acquires Unikernel Systems to Shrink the Container OS
- Citrix Taps Microsoft for a New CEO
- Verizon Joins ONOS With an Eye Toward 5G
- OpenStack Finds a Place in Operators’ NFV Deployments
- Dell’s OS10 Is a Platform Play That Goes Beyond Networking
- Google Invests in Plexxi
- Riverbed Purchases SD-WAN Startup Ocedo
- EMC Dips a Toe Into the NFV Business
- Big Switch Networks Closes $48.5M in Series C Funding
- Arista Outfits EOS for Containers & Hybrid Clouds
- 4 Carriers Create NFV MANO Open Source Groups