Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Cisco Throws Yet Another Punch at Arista — At Cisco’s request, the U.S. Customs agency revoked its own prior ruling in favor of Arista.
Longshot Arris-Brocade Theory Still Lives —Reuters reports that the deal could be worth as much as $1 billion.
Barefoot Networks Steps Into the White Box Market — The switches will give Barefoot its first footing in this increasingly competitive market.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The U.S. Army has signed a five-year, multimillion dollar contract with IBM to build, manage, and operate a cloud system.
OPĀQ Networks, a post-revenue network security-as-a-service company, was formed with $21 million in Series A funding led by Columbia Capital, Harmony Partners, and Zero-G Inc.
Litmus Automation, an IoT platform provider, announced a partnership program for companies and organizations interested in using Litmus’ IoT platform.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Oracle Buys Apiary for Its API Integration Cloud
- Avaya Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
- CenturyLink Moves Into Big Data With Cloudera Platform
- VeloCloud Powers New Windstream SD-WAN Managed Service
- Check Point Climbs on Strong Q4 Results
- Cumulus Offers Turn-Key Hardware/Software on EdgeCore Switch
- Red Hat Makes Container Storage a Little More Dynamic
- SevOne Integrates Its Analytics with Google Cloud
- 5G Auto Group Backs C-V2X Technology, Preps for Trials
- Gigamon Stock Down On Poor Earnings Pre-Announcement
- BlueData Attributes Surge in Sales to Docker Containers and Cloud Computing
- Public Cloud on the Rise While Private Cloud Usage Declines
- HPE to Acquire Hyperconverged Player SimpliVity for $650M
- The Open Baton MANO Group Pre-Dates OSM and Open-O
- Oracle Barnstorms NYC to Reassert Its Cloud Message
- Walmart Gets a New CIO as It Shifts to E-Commerce
- Qualcomm Report Touts 5G as a Trillion-Dollar Opportunity and Job Creator
- Deep Learning Startup Neurala Raises $14M
- Baidu Hires Former Microsoft AI Specialist Qi Lu
- Ekholm Takes the Helm of Ericsson, Frykhammer Will Serve as an Advisor
- Microsoft to Acquire Deep Learning Startup Maluuba
- Mellanox’s Infiniband Switches Give Machine Learning a Boost