Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Enterprises Aren’t Built to Consume Containers, Dell EMC Exec Says — Dell EMC’s Code group gets a bit of DevOps culture from a former Apple VP.
Q&A: Ericsson CTO on 5G Standards, the WiFi Angle, and Connected Cars — Cloud, mobile, and IoT are disrupting whole industries. “Cars will soon be software-centric products,” says Ewaldsson.
Juniper’s OpenContrail Is a Hit With OpenStack, Mirantis Says — It’s the first example of a company other than Juniper putting this much weight behind OpenContrail.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Plexxi partnered with with CyberNorth, a northern New England enterprise IT provider, to transition customers from traditional storage area network (SAN) architectures to hyperconverged infrastructure.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Amdocs Will Contribute Modules to OpenECOMP
- Mobile Edge Computing Creates ‘Tiny Data Centers’ at the Edge
- DT Does IoT with Roambee & Invests $3.1M in the Startup
- SK Telecom to Invest $9B for IoT and 5G
- Viptela Snags Former Cisco & VCE Exec Praveen Akkiraju as CEO
- Cloud-Storage Startup Panzura Raises $32M
- ETSI Delves Into Making Data More Relevant & Valuable
- Verizon Uses SD-WAN Monitoring Software from SevOne
- Baidu Picks Mellanox Switches to Support Machine Learning
- China Mobile Picks Nuage Networks SDN for Public Cloud
- Fortinet Preps Security for Intent-Based Networking
- Container Market to Reach $2.7B by 2020, Says 451 Research
- MEF Names Dan Pitt as Senior Vice President
- IHS Markit: 70% of Carriers Will Deploy CORD in the Central Office
- Microsoft, Cisco, Qualcomm Back Israeli Security Startup Team8