Enterprises Aren’t Built to Consume Containers, Dell EMC Exec Says — Dell EMC’s Code group gets a bit of DevOps culture from a former Apple VP.
Q&A: Ericsson CTO on 5G Standards, the WiFi Angle, and Connected Cars — Cloud, mobile, and IoT are disrupting whole industries. “Cars will soon be software-centric products,” says Ewaldsson.
Juniper’s OpenContrail Is a Hit With OpenStack, Mirantis Says — It’s the first example of a company other than Juniper putting this much weight behind OpenContrail.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Ericsson signed a Memorandum of Understanding with China Mobile Research Institute to jointly conduct research and development on Cloud RAN.
Juniper Networks announced that the Korean mobile and internet data services operator LG U+ rolled out Juniper’s carrier-grade virtual routers as part of its evolution toward 5G.
Qualcomm appointed Larry Paulson as president of Qualcomm India.
Ericsson and Cisco are providing Telefonica Guatemala with a new Internet Protocol (IP) network backbone that will pave the way for future network requirements based on NFV and cloud implementations.
CenturyLink acquired SEAL Consulting, a SAP solutions provider, expanding CenturyLink’s commitment to the SAP ecosystem.
Feng Chia University in Taiwan deployed a new IP networking system with SDN capabilities from Brocade.
ZTE joined the 5G Automotive Association (5GAA) to team up with industrial partners to promote the “Internet of Vehicles.”
The Lebanese bank Al-Mawarid is deploying VMware NSX to improve security and application continuity and meet stringent regulatory compliance requirements.
Plexxi partnered with with CyberNorth, a northern New England enterprise IT provider, to transition customers from traditional storage area network (SAN) architectures to hyperconverged infrastructure.
Windstream selected Coriant’s data center interconnection (DCI) platform to support delivery of 100G DCI services in the New York City metropolitan area.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Amdocs Will Contribute Modules to OpenECOMP
- Mobile Edge Computing Creates ‘Tiny Data Centers’ at the Edge
- DT Does IoT with Roambee & Invests $3.1M in the Startup
- SK Telecom to Invest $9B for IoT and 5G
- Viptela Snags Former Cisco & VCE Exec Praveen Akkiraju as CEO
- Cloud-Storage Startup Panzura Raises $32M
- ETSI Delves Into Making Data More Relevant & Valuable
- Verizon Uses SD-WAN Monitoring Software from SevOne
- Baidu Picks Mellanox Switches to Support Machine Learning
- China Mobile Picks Nuage Networks SDN for Public Cloud
- Fortinet Preps Security for Intent-Based Networking
- Container Market to Reach $2.7B by 2020, Says 451 Research
- MEF Names Dan Pitt as Senior Vice President
- IHS Markit: 70% of Carriers Will Deploy CORD in the Central Office
- Microsoft, Cisco, Qualcomm Back Israeli Security Startup Team8