Well, happy New Year! And welcome to the slow-news-week version of the SDxCentral roundup, where we did indeed find some news bits to close a busy 2015.
Citrix added two board members: Peter Sacripanti, a partner at McDermott Will & Emery, and Graham Smith, former CFO at Salesforce.com. No reason was given, but Citrix is being dogged by hedge fund Elliott Management, which is probably happy to see board members added from the outside.
China passed an antiterrorism law that will force tech companies to help decrypt information when authorities demand it. The law does not go so far as to force companies to provide the state with encryption keys.
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- Docker & Containers Came a Long Way in 2015
- Ian Murdock, Debian Founder, Dies at 42
- Huawei Brings Transport SDN to China Unicom
- HPE Says Telefónica Just Wants a Multivendor Network
- NFV: Not Ready for Prime Time but Working on It
- 8 Things I Learned About SDx in 2015
- The Top NFV & Telecom Influencers in 2015
- Top 10 M&A Deals in 2015