… EMC unveiled a hyper-converged infrastructure appliance this week, based on VMware’s EVO:RAIL. Dubbed VSPEX BLUE, the new product will work with EMC management software and a white-box server. VSPEX BLUE will be the first product from EMC’s converged infrastructure business unit.
… Michael Strople, president of Allstream, joined the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) as its new chairman of the board. Ken Countway, VP at Comcast, and Alessandro Talotta, CEO of Telecom Italia Sparkle, were added to the board as well.
… The most recent annual update of the Cisco Virtual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Forecast showed significant mobile traffic growth, thanks to the burgeoning adoption of more powerful mobile devices and M2M connections. Included as a sub-segment of the M2M connections category are wearable devices. The number of wearable devices grew five-fold globally, with the biggest distribution of devices anticipated in North America and Asia Pacific.
… Hurry up and get your applications in, kids! The OpenDaylight Project is expanding its 2015 internship program to 14 spots, compared with seven last year, reflecting the growing interest and adoption of SDN and open source strategies. In case you’re hesitant to apply, one of last year’s interns ended up snagging a job at Noiro Networks…
… VMware senior VP and CIO Tony Scott is off to do the same job, but for the U.S. Government. Yup, the White House appointed Scott earlier this week.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Nuage Networks’ China Deal Hinged on CloudStack
- Alcatel-Lucent Presses Forward on Turnaround
- Brocade to Acquire Riverbed’s SteelApp NFV Product Line
- Who’s Got SDN Buzz? Argus Picks ‘Winners’ and ‘Losers’
- The Cloud WAN is Coming
- Somebody Wants to Acquire Docker Startup SocketPlane
- VCE Goes Heavier on ‘V,’ Adopting VMware NSX
- VMware Launches Fargo to Bond Containers With VMs
- Meet the New Director of Linux’s Open Platform for NFV
- VMware Mixes NSX and vCloud Air Even More
- 7 Reasons Why Illumio’s Security Plan Is Different