Netflix says it completed its cloud migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS) in January. The majority of its systems, including all customer-facing services, had been migrated to the cloud prior to 2015. The final migration involved its billing infrastructure and its customer and employee data management.
AirHop Communications joined the Open Network Operating System (ONOS) as a collaborator and will support its Mobile Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (MCORD) initiative to provide service providers with a 5G-ready NFV and SDN platform.
Nokia introduced AVA, a cloud-based platform for delivering network planning and managed services. AVA is an automated, cognitive platform that uses big data techniques to process information gathered from a carrier’s OSS and from sensors in network equipment. One customer is China Mobile, which is using AVA to spot network anomalies.
The Linux Foundation established a new open source project, Fido, to provide an IO services framework for the next wave of network and storage software. The project already has initial software and is forming a validation testing lab.
Viavi Solutions debuted a virtualized Ethernet test probe for service providers that are seeking test capabilities consistent with the virtualized networks they are implementing on the path to 5G.
VoIP equipment provider AudioCodes created a VNF version of its session border controller (SBC).
VMware added Tony Bates and Donald Carty to its board of directors. Bates is president of GoPro; he was previously CEO of Skype and was also an executive in Cisco’s service provider arm. Carty, who is also on the board of VMware parent EMC, is the former CFO of Dell.
Here’s what else SDxCentral has covered lately:
- AT&T Reveals Skeletal 5G Template
- Verizon Is the Next to Exit Public Cloud
- Enterprises Increase Private Cloud Adoption to 77%
- Nokia Expects Headwinds in 2016
- F5’s Business Is Clouded by Public Cloud
- Ericsson-Cisco Partnership Is Already Flowering, Cisco Claims
- Cisco Climbs Despite Flatness in Q2
- VMware Keeps Hyperconverging: Virtual SAN Goes All-Flash, VxRail Awaits
- Dialogic Buys APEX to Deliver Voice Applications
- Wind River Spins Server Software for vCPE
- Cato Targets Midsized Businesses With Cloud Security
- The Future of Virtualized Security
- Infoblox Acquires IID for Threat Intelligence
- LinkedIn Built Its ‘Pigeon’ Switch to Peer Into Networking Chips
- A Central EPC Is No Good, Says Core Network Dynamics
- Inside the Linux Container Ecosystem Report Available Now