Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Linux, OpenStack, Citrix Add Their Voices in Opposition to Immigration Ban — The OpenStack Foundation is planning its future summits outside of the U.S.
Why Open Source ECOMP? AT&T Needs the Help — Without it, the telco won’t meet its 75 percent virtualization goal.
Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings for January 2017 — Microsoft gets a CTO; Ciena COO steps down.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, announced the availability of Cloudistics Ignite 3.0 software to power and control its on-premises platform.
Aqua Security released version 2.0 of its Container Security Platform (CSP), which features automated nano-segmentation of container network traffic, cross-platform secrets management, and sensitive data discovery.
The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC), a group that promotes the growth of the industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), published version 1.8 of the Industrial Internet Reference Architecture.
Ingenu will provide Arrow Electronics’ customers with its wireless machine-to-machine connectivity and modules.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Gigamon’s Outlook Darkens After a Q4 Miss
- FireEye Gets Doused as Q4 Revenues Stall
- HPE’s Latest Security Acquisition Is an Aruba Reunion
- Nokia CEO ‘Disappointed’ With 2016 Sales
- Corsa Enters Security With Its DDoS Mitigation Hardware
- Extreme Networks Bullish on Its WLAN Business
- AT&T Flings Doors Wide Open on ECOMP Platform
- Cisco’s Tetration Costs Far Less than $3M for Most Customers
- AT&T Quietly Buys FiberTower for Millimeter Wave Assets
- Gluster Founder Has Big Plans for Container Storage
- Radware Acquires Security Company Seculert
- Juniper Helps Enterprises Unite All Their Clouds
- Startup Illumio’s Security Reaches Into Cisco, Arista, and Public Clouds
- AT&T Plans to Trial Project AirGig in at Least Two Markets
- PacketFabric Uses Coriant DCI for Its Software-Defined Network
- Big Switch Amasses Help for Containers and vSAN
- Nokia Enhances ‘Impact’ to Ease IoT Deployments
- Telefónica Selects Huawei for Virtual EPC Network in 13 Countries
- Ciena COO to Take the Reins at F5
- Keysight to Acquire Ixia for $1.6B
- Orange Taps Nokia’s Airscale Platform for 5G Trials in France