5G Trials, IoT Demos Will Dominate at 2017 Mobile World Congress — If you are attending the 2017 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, be prepared to hear a lot of buzz about 5G use cases and IoT partnerships.
Arris Buys Brocade’s Ruckus Wireless and ICX Switch Business for $800M — Broadcom might have more IP pieces to divest, however.
The Logical Happens: Open-O Merges with ECOMP — The new name for the combined group is the Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP).
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NTT Docomo, picked Cisco‘s Network Services Orchestrator to automate its network device provisioning. Cisco also announced the acquisition of the CCN Platform from PARC, a new open source project called Community ICN, and its hybrid ICN IP system.
Adara has partnered with Carnival Corporation to help with the development of a guest experience platform.
Italtel unveiled its virtual Transcoding Unit (vTU) application, which brings several functionalities to the edge of networks, improves upload performance, reduces latency, and increases the battery life of connected devices.
Kontron partnered with Canonical to launch an OpenStack Platform.
Mobile core network startup Core Network Dynamics is bringing shared source code licensing models to telcos. It has signed up five OpenEPC source code licensees and is currently in negotiations with another four potential OEM partners.
Netcracker Technology unveiled its Cloud-Based Online Charging System to address the pain points associated with legacy, hardware-based charging systems.
Teoco has joined Ciena’s Blue Orbit SDN and NFV group.
Procera Networks reached its highest throughput for NFV performance for its virtualized PacketLogic network intelligence technology.
Radisys announced the availability of its CellEngine 5G radio access network (RAN) Version 1.0 software for service providers. It also announced its FlowEngine TDE-2000 to reduce network complexity and accelerate new SDN, NFV, 5G and IoT service introductions.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Walmart Boasts 213,000 Cores on OpenStack
- Ruckus Wireless Founder Selina Lo to Retire in May
- HPE Misses Q1 Revenue, Enterprise Group Continues to Decline
- CORD Partners with xRAN to Bring SDN to the RAN
- Qualcomm and LG Test 5G and C-V2X For Connected Cars
- HPE Bulks Up NFV Portfolio in Conjunction With Red Hat
- 5G Moves from Concept to Reality at MWC
- OpenStack Says Private Clouds Save Big $$$ Versus Public Clouds
- Diamanti Raises $18M to Push Container Appliances
- AT&T, Nokia Deliver DirecTV Now in 5G Trial in New Jersey
- Riverbed Launches Service Provider Unit and New Product Line
- NFV and MEC Raise Their Lovely Heads at Mobile World Congress
- Telco Data Centers Get a New look at MWC
- Verizon to Offer 5G to Friendly Users in 11 Markets by Mid-Year
- Affirmed Networks Combines Virtualization With IoT
- Verizon Enterprise Taps Ericsson for Overall NFV Support
- Intel Courts Innovators with 5G Group and Solutions Lab
- Radisys Contributes Its LTE RAN Software to M-CORD
- Cisco Unveils New Hardware for Virtual Functions at the Branch