… Cloud app delivery company Appcito launched its cloud-native Cloud Application Front End (CAFE) service to unify all of its application delivery services. The SaaS CAFE product will be supported by Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack, VMware, Microsoft Azure, as well as other public, private, and hybrid clouds.
… If my semi-fluent French skills serve us right, Cisco pledged $100 million in investments to French startups. The funding will go toward education and training in digital networks, with a goal of getting 200,000 people up to speed over the course of three years. Emphasis will also be put on cyber security and smart grids and cities in France.
… 6WIND partnered up with EZchip and NGI SpA to build a high performance routing platform. NGI, an Italy-based service provider, delivers ultra-broadband wireless Internet access via “EOLO,” its wholly owned wireless networking, and had its sights set on deploying an industry-proven technology for its next-gen network architecture. Choosing 6WINDGate packet processing software and EZchip’s TILE-Gx multicore processors, NGI looks to build a custom SDN appliance.
… Datapipe and Microsoft are collaborating to offer managed services support for the Azure public cloud, making Datapipe the only MSP in its class to provide end-to-end support required to plan, build, and ran a managed cloud environment utilizing Azure.
- An ETSI proof-of-concept, developed with Aalto University, Coriant, and EXFO, for running SDN in the mobile backhaul network
- An architecture for a cloud-based radio access network (RAN)
- The Cloud Verification Service, which assesses a telco’s readiness for NFV
- Cloud-based availability of the company’s full OSS and customer experience management (CEM) portfolios.
… Accedian unveiled SkyLIGHT VCX, its product to bring advanced monitoring capabilities network-wide. It says VCX will bridge all the benefits of virtualization, minus compromising test speed or precision. The VCX Controller works alongside Accedian’s Nano smart SFP and compact gigabit Ethernet modules to deliver multi-flow traffic generation, as well as the capability to monitor performance of thousands of flows.
… Procera Networks announced optimization of its PacketLogic/V virtualized software solution to demonstrate 150 Gb/s running on Intel Xeon Processor E5 v3 Family-based commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) platforms. Also, Procera said Boingo Wireless is its latest customer, using PacketLogic/V for QoE in wireless hotspot locations.
… Infinera launched the deployment of its DTN-X packet optical transport networking platform across the Equinix locations in Frankfurt, Toronto and Singapore. Separately, Equinix came out in favor of Cisco’s contribution of Basic ConfD to the broader networking market, a move to demonstrate good will toward open standards advancement. Tail-f, now part of the Cisco monopoly, provides NCS in addition to ConfD.
… PLUMgrid announced an OpenStack virtual sandbox called PLUMgrid Ignition, a way for customers to test out the PLUMgrid Open Networking Suite from afar. Ignition is also available in hosted and on-site versions.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- What’s ‘Profoundly Wrong’ With Cybersecurity
- Business Success in the Open World
- Cisco Lawsuits Can’t Dampen Arista Networks’ Q4
- Google & Carriers Are Ready to Disrupt Network Management With OpenConfig
- Big Switch Unveils Free BSN Labs to Trial SDN Products
- HP to Deliver Brite Box Switches for Web Scale Cloud Data Centers
- Ericsson’s MWC 2015 Includes Virtual Routers and OPNFV
- Justin Dustzadeh, Huawei’s SDN Rock Star, Moves to Visa
- Cisco Pledges to Keep Tail-f Open and Multivendor
- ONetSwitch Aims to be the Raspberry Pi of Networking