Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
AT&T ICEs Vendors of Virtual Network Functions — Vendors must use ICE to introduce and certify their VNFs for AT&T’s network.
Sprint to Demonstrate Nokia’s 4.9G Tech at Mobile World Congress — Sprint will be using 3-D beamforming software coupled with Nokia’s AirScale MIMO adaptive antenna.
9 Security Startups Worth Watching in 2017 — Legacy security products are not keeping up, and that’s creating a lot of opportunity for nimble startups.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
At Mobile World Congress 2017, Rift.io will feature use case demonstrations that show how mobile operators can speed up their transformation to virtualized network services through network functions virtualization (NFV).
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Intent-Based Security Gains Momentum at RSA
- Security for Serverless Functions Boils Down to the Basics
- Charter Jumps Into 5G Testing as Part of its Mobile Ambitions
- OPNFV Tests its Software on OCP Hardware
- Dell EMC Extends Its Enterprise Hybrid Cloud to VxRail
- Why Tech Should Get Involved in Regulating IoT Security
- Cisco’s Switching and Routing Revenue Dragged in Q2
- Datadog Launches APM to Complement NPM Platform
- Metaswitch Acquires OpenCloud to Extend VoLTE Portfolio
- Ericsson Reveals 5G-Ready Platform That Supports Network Slicing
- Microsoft President Calls for a Digital Geneva Convention
- Neela Jacques Departs OpenDaylight for Bain Capital Ventures
- ADVA Hypervisor Brings SDN to Legacy Optical Networks
- Comcast Works on Virtualizing the Cable Modern Termination System
- Juniper Enlists Partners for Software-Defined Secure Networks
- ExtraHop Creates Addy for Real-Time Network Security
- ONF Entices its Members with Access to Service Providers
- Security Startup Curtail Makes its Debut
- IBM Intros the Cognitive Security Center, Starring Watson
- Huawei Helps CMHK Migrate Mobile Network Core to the Cloud
- Cisco’s Former Spin-in Crew Resurfaces
- AppDynamics Acquisition Sets the Stage for Cisco in the APM Market
- Nokia’s WING IoT Network Aims to Simplify Connectivity, Billing