… Brocade announced what it says is the first switch for IP storage. It’s a combination of the VCS Ethernet Fabric and an EMC Connectrix switch.
… Red Hat and NEC teamed up to develop NFV features in OpenStack, providing carrier-grade NFV components alongside Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. The collaboration aims to give communication service providers the ability to modernize infrastructure and offerings.
… The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) appointed Saurav Das as principal system architect, as well as created a new project to build on the OF-Config protocol to support Open vSwitch. ONF will work with the Czech Education and Scientific NETwork (CESNET) to provide support to OF-Config.
… SD-WAN provider Talari Networks released Talari APN 4.2. It includes the ability to alter network configuration and application policies from a single location without any interruption to network traffic.
… SingleHop, a provider of on-demand hosted private clouds and managed hosting, launched Shield Plus Advanced Security, a suite of security tools layered on top of its Shield Core Security foundation.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Exclusive: Why Juniper Ousted CEO Shaygan Kheradpir
- ON.Lab Claims a Fast Start for ONOS
- Network Intent Summit POV #1
- Network Intent Summit POV #2
- A10 Shares Tumble Following a Mixed Q4
- Broadcom Sues Innovium, a Brand New Ethernet Startup
- Cisco Ready to Fight VMware and ‘Crush’ White Boxes
- Cyan Brings a White Box to Data Center Interconnect
- VMware Promotes Senior Execs to Launch NFV Unit