Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, cloud, and virtualization infrastructure:
Arista Founder: Networking Standards Move Too Slowly for Cloud Giants — Arista is trying to start a grass-roots standards effort for 800 Gb/s optics.
Juniper CTO Sindhu Stepping Aside to Focus on His Startup — Fungible hasn’t revealed what it’s working on, but it does seem to involve semiconductors.
Nokia’s New Cloud Packet Core is More Than a Virtual EPC — Nokia’s new software aims to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together: the evolved packet core, a range of access technologies, and cloud capabilities.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Trend Micro is joining forces with channel partner NEC and NEC’s affiliate Netcracker. NEC and Netcracker will integrate their management and orchestration capabilities with Trend Micro’s Virtual Network Function Suite to help with network function virtualization (NFV) deployments.
Startup Rubrik announced its bookings run rate is “approaching” $100 million just three years after the company’s founding. Rubrik also hired former Arista executive Mark Smith as executive VP of global sales and business development.
Genians launched a cloud-based version of its network access control (NAC) system.
AlienVault announced the availability of USM Anywhere, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) security platform designed to centralize threat detection, incident response, and compliance management of cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises environments.
Stratoscale acquired Tesora, a privately held database-as-a-service (DBaaS) provider to deliver DBaaS from public, private, or hybrid cloud computing platforms.
Zentera announced a multicloud security system to secure enterprise workloads by combining third-party security engines with its multicloud security service.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Cisco Joins Microsoft’s Azure Stack Club
- Fog Computing Group Publishes Reference Architecture
- Nokia Buys OSS Specialist Comptel for $370 Million
- Microsoft Helps Cloud Customers Thwart Patent Trolls
- Arista Scores DoD Approval
- IoT Cybersecurity Alliance Will Collaborate on Standards, Education
- Open Source MANO Interoperates with 10 NFV Infrastructures
- Rackspace Layoffs Will Impact 6% of its U.S. Workers
- Palo Alto Primes PAN-OS 8.0 With New Security Features
- Google Fiber Executive Becomes CEO of Barefoot Networks
- HPE Sells Servers With Mesosphere’s Container Software
- Portnox Introduces Clear to Secure Devices in Cloud
- Cisco Study Says 5G Subscribers Will Top 25M by 2021
- ZeroStack Adds Machine Learning to Its ‘Hands-Off’ Cloud
- NTT Picks Dell For Multitenant Cloud Platforms
- Arista Adds DANZ Monitoring to its Universal Leaf and Spine
- Another Political Problem for Tech: H-1B Visa Changes
- Amazon Still Outranks Other Cloud Vendors in Q4
- Fortinet Rebounds With a Strong Q4