VMware Acquires Employees & Assets of PLUMgrid — PLUMgrid’s people are an obvious fit for VMware, as the company boasts experts in network virtualization, security, and OpenStack.
Is Cisco Falling Behind in Innovation (or Just in PR)? — Analysts say Cisco has a lot brewing, even if it doesn’t seem so on the outside.
Korea Telecom Pushes for Pre-Standard 5G Network in 2017 — The Korean operator follows Verizon’s lead in order to meet a hard deadline: the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Network security company Clavister announced Clavister cOS Stream 3.0 and Clavister Hawkeye 1.0 visualization software. Both are built for the new telecom networks looking to implement software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV).
Faction, an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud provider, released its Faction Internetwork eXchange (FIX), allowing enterprises to connect private cloud and colocation resources into public clouds privately and securely.
The Xen Project, which is hosted at The Linux Foundation, announced Qualcomm as an advisory board member.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Solving DDoS Attacks by Using Different Ports
- 4 Things We Learned About Security in 2016
- More 5G Trials and Friendly Users On the Horizon in 2017
- CLusterHQ, Stateful Container Startup, Is ‘Clusterf***ed’
- Don’t Count OpenStack Out of Public Clouds Yet, Report Says
- Verizon’s LTE CAT-M IoT Network is Live in Limited Markets
- Red Hat Falls 11% on Flat Q4 Forecast
- Cisco vs. Arista: The Battle for Market Share, Money & Pride
- TDK Buys Sensor Manufacturer InvenSense for $1.3B in an IoT Play
- AWS Intro Windows Container Support in Beta
- Ingenu and Sigfox Expand IoT Networks in U.S. Cities
- Tata Picks Versa for SD-WAN in its Global Network
- SD-WAN Needs to Iron Some Wrinkles
- Cumulus Preps EVPN Support, but Not in Time for the Holidays
- Huawei, Cisco, Nokia & Ericsson Join for NFV Testing
- Common Networks Uses SDN to Manage WiFi Network
- 5G Standard May Include Information-Centric Networking, MEC
- How AT&T is Using Virtualization as a Security Tool
- Big Switch CTO Rob Sherwood Is Moving to Facebook