Happy Friday, everyone! Miss the news? Don’t worry, the SDxCentral weekly news roundup is here to deliver the news bits surrounding software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and more. Get ready, ‘cuz it’s coming atcha:
In the wake of a security vulnerability within its SDN controller, APIC, Cisco issued a software fix this week when the oversight allowed attackers to enter the system as root users with control over root commands. Impacted products include APICs that run on versions before 1.1(1j), 1.0(3o), and 1.0(4o), as well as ACI mode Nexus 9000 switches running software versions prior to the 11.1(1j) and 11.0(4o) release.
SD-WAN company Aryaka closed the first half of this year on a high note. Record bookings, revenues, gross margins, and new customer acquisitions left the privately held company with — you guessed it — a record start to 2015.
HP announced a new hyperconverged product that it claims costs almost half as much as competitors’ options. The HP ConvergedSystem 250-HC Store Virtual features heightened VMware integration, has hybrid-cloud architecture capabilities, and introduces new delivery services and channel programs.
In a global service-provider study, Infonetics IHS says network operators are making the move to SDN. Of those polled, 82 percent said they have either already implemented SDN in their systems, are doing so currently, or are planning to do take a closer look at SDN this year.
Nokia sold off its mapping division, HERE, in a $3.1 billion deal to BMW, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz. The deal will close early next year, which will help Nokia tidy up for the pending acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- The End of the Internet
- How a Chinese Hacking Ring Loots Corporate Secrets
- For Clemson & Big Switch Networks, Collaborative Past Leads to Collaborative Future
- Avni Strikes a Cloud Partnership With HP
- IIX Launches Console, a SaaS Spinoff for Networking
- Oracle Is Readying Its OSS Suite for a New, Open World
- F5 ‘Badger’ Adds Azure Support, Targets Hybrid Cloud
- Zscaler Scales Up With $100M Series B
- Software-Defined Perimeter Remains Undefeated in Hackathon
- What the Cisco XNC Controller Tells Us About OpenDaylight
- Cumulus Networks Goes Virtual With Cumulus VX