Unraveling the Complicated IoT Connectivity Puzzle — The Internet of Things (IoT) is full of funny new words and acronyms. Here’s our guide to some of the latest.
OPNFV Defends Its Place in the World as NFV Integrator — With so many other open source projects out there, is OPNFV becoming irrelevant? Heather Kirksey, the group’s director, doesn’t think so.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Netia extended its partnership with Netcracker for support and maintenance services.
Huawei is setting up its biggest Global Service Centre (GSC) in Bangalore at an investment of Rs 136 crore.
Ericsson has been selected by the State Infocommunication Foundation (RIKS) in Estonia to lead the deployment and operation of a hybrid cloud environment.
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s (CNCF’s) Community Cluster is now housed at the Supernap Switch facility in Las Vegas. The Community Cluster is for open source projects advancing cloud native computing. CNCF also added seven partners.
Shippable has released the next generation of its continuous deployment platform.
SimpliVity announced new solutions and enhancements to its transformational data center technologies.
Taiwan Mobile selected the Cisco Jasper Control Center to help its customers unlock new revenue streams.
Netrounds has joined Ciena’s Blue Orbit SDN and NFV Ecosystem.
Dave Donatelli, the executive who has led Oracle’s hardware is now leading the company’s cloud and industry sales strategy teams.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Private Equity Firm Buys Rackspace for $4.3B
- Brocade Q3 Rises After Ruckus Acquisition
- Juniper Data Center Switches Now Certified on VMware NSX
- Tempered Networks Scores $10M in Series B Funding
- OSS Remains a Sticking Point for NFV
- Platform9 & ZeroStack Make OpenStack a Little More VMware-Friendly
- Citrix Gives Away Netscaler Containers for Free
- IT Practitioners Make $100K or More in U.S., Puppet Says
- CloudPhysics Compares the Cost of Private Cloud vs. Public Cloud
- IHS Report: Most NFV Deployments Start with vCPE
- 5G Fragmentation Likely as Operators Pursue Different Timetables
- Microsoft to Acquire Genee, Adding AI Magic to Azure
- Arista Rolls Out Real-Time Streaming of State Data
- Brocade Enhances Its Analytics Monitoring Platform
- PLUMgrid Delivers Virtual Tap Security on its ONS Platform
- IoT Security Predictions Are Coming True, Fortinet Finds
- Brocade Brings OpenFlow 1.3 to Arizona State
- Nokia Builds 5G Research Resume With BT Deal
- Michael Brenner Brings Big Picture Clarity to Cloudify