Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Versa Cinches Deal with Verizon for Software-Defined Branch — Versa sees uptick now that Viptela belongs to Cisco.
Cisco Shells Out $320M for Springpath, Boosts Its HCI Play — Cisco led Springpath’s $34 million Series C funding round in 2015.
Verizon Considers Competing with Cisco, Juniper on Software — As the service provider gets more involved with virtualization it could potentially become a software vendor itself.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The IT integrator World Wide Technology worked with Intel and other partners to launch a new facility in its Advanced Technology Center (ATC) for testing and validating NFV solutions. The ATC is capable of validating VNFs as quickly as 90 days.
Object storage systems vendor Cloudian said its hyperStore adoption by global service providers has doubled over the last year.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Verizon Adds Check Point Security to Virtual Network Services
- Hedvig SD-Storage Adds All-Flash Capabilities and Native Encryption
- 6WIND Lures Brocade vRouter Customers Left Out in Cold
- ZTE Sees Profits Soar 30% in 1H of 2017
- IBM SD-Storage Targets Data Protection for Virtual Machines
- NeuVector Takes Stab at Securing VMware Container Environment
- Forward Networks Taps Freemium Model, Raises $16M in Series B
- SnapRoute Integrates its FlexSwitch with Canonical’s Ubuntu
- Google Cloud Platform to Trial Different Performance Tiers
- China Telecom Is Building a MEC Network for a Refinery
- Nokia-Led 5G Monarch Project to Focus on Network Slicing
- Enterprise Demand Drives Microsoft Container Support on Red Hat
- Cloud Data Management Startup Druva Scores $80M
- D-Link Brings Bare Metal Switches to Enterprise Applications
- Illumio VP: You Shouldn’t Need a Security Ph.D. to Protect Workloads
- Plexxi Hyperconverged Networking Fabric Integrates Real-Time Analytics
- Microsoft Adds Intelligent Traffic Controller to its Serverless Computing Plans
- NYU Wireless Researchers Build Emulator to Test 5G Networks
- Cisco Spans the Gap Between Private Data Centers and Public Clouds
- Louisiana Moves the State’s IT Infrastructure to Software-Defined
- Can CNCF Avoid Pitfalls That Have Hampered OpenStack?
- Windstream Provides Wholesale SD-WAN to BCN Telecom
- NetApp CEO to Nutanix, VMware: Our HCI Is Better Than Yours