Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Ericsson May Cut 25,000 Employees Outside Sweden, Report Says — The company might reduce its operations in some markets by as much as 90 percent.
Extreme Networks Plans to Go Toe-to-Toe Against Cisco — Extreme is already training Brocade salespeople.
Amdocs Monitors ‘Pretty Much Everything’ in ONAP — Now that ECOMP has merged with Open-O to form ONAP, Amdocs is more involved than ever.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
At least four top SD-WAN NaaS and platform companies will approach or exceed $100 million in revenue in 2018, according to a new report from Futuriom.
MongoDB filed confidentially for an initial public offering (IPO), TechCrunch reported. The company submitted an S-1 filing, aiming to go public before the end of the year.
Security provider Cogeco Peer 1 released its new web application protection product to help users defend against distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
Cedexis released its connected Sonar service, which uses synthetic monitoring to eliminate outages by ensuring consistent application delivery.
Clavister won a deal with Nokia to integrate Clavister’s security technology into Nokia’s Nuage Network’s SDN/NFV orchestration product. Previously, Clavister had completed integration with Nokia’s CloudBand.
Security provider RiskSense appointed Danny Quist as the company’s first CTO. Quist most recently served as head of security operations and engineering for Bechtel Corporation.
SignalFx is now available on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace to offer more services for cloud operation teams to gain real-time views across their AWS environments, containers, and applications.
Organizations using Barracuda Backup can now replicate data from either an on-premises physical or virtual backup appliance to AWS.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Druva Cloud Platform Centralizes Data Management and Protection
- Juniper Wants OpenContrail to Garner More of the Spotlight
- BT Trials Dell EMC Disaggregated Networking Switches
- Cisco Reports that 11% of its Product Revenue is Now Recurring
- Microsoft Makes HCI Play With Windows Server Software-Defined Program
- IoT Security Firm ZingBox Raises $22M in Series B
- CoreOS Adds Kubernetes 1.7, Azure Support to Tectonic Platform
- Docker Adds IBM Mainframes, Enhanced Security Support to EE
- InterDigital Tests Low Latency Video Delivery Using MEC
- CenturyLink Does Software-Defined Access with Adtran
- Tintri Solidifies Enterprise Cloud Management as Stock Wobbles
- Looker Unveils Analytics Suite for AWS
- Juniper SVP: Cloud Computing’s Next Wave Unifies Security and Connectivity
- Datrium Splits Provisioning to Boost Private Cloud Storage
- Rackspace Brings Encryption to the Cloud
- Microsoft Buys Cycle Computing to Boost HPC in Azure
- VMware Raises Forecast, But Can It Be the ‘Glue of the Hybrid Cloud?’
- Physical SD-WAN Appliances Aren’t Going Anywhere
- AWS Debuts AI-Powered Cloud Security, Announces 2 Big Customer Wins
- Huawei X-Haul Uses Cloud to Support 5G and Network Slicing
- Oracle Database Platform Runs on Bare Metal Cloud Infrastructure
- Time, Security Cites as Hurdles to Adoption of Containers
- Intel, Ericsson, Toyota Team Up on Automotive Edge Computing
- Docker Reportedly Set to Snare $75 Million in New Funding
- Nokia Takes a Novel Approach to Virtualizing Cable Networks