Happy Friday, everyone! Miss the news? Don’t worry, the SDxCentral weekly news roundup is here to deliver the news bits surrounding software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and more. Get ready, ‘cuz it’s coming atcha:
Hybrid IT monitoring company ScienceLogic will now use Cisco ACI for better performance visibility of the entire SDN infrastructure.
Anuta Networks announced Telstra as its latest customer.
RIFT.io announced $16 million in Series A funding, led by North Bridge Venture Partners with participation from other investors.
Ciena’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Field Operations Philippe Morin will step down later this year. Morin joined the company in 2010, when Ciena acquired the Metro Ethernet Networks business of Nortel.
As part of its network expansion plan, Windstream has been deploying Infinera’s DTN-X platform. With it, Windstream introduced 12 new 100-Gb/s markets and 3,900 additional fiber route miles.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Exclusive SDN Controllers Report 2015 – Be In the Know
- Big Switch & Cumulus Play Hot Potato on Bare Metal Security
- Cisco Switch Sales Rebound Under New CEO
- Adtran Stakes a Claim on NFV Turf
- JDSU Spinoff Viavi Suddenly Needs a New CEO
- Low-Tech Scam Dupes Ubiquiti Networks Out of $40M
- Symantec is Selling Veritas for a Cool $8B
- CENX Raises $12.5M to Develop LSO for NFV Services
- Google Reorganizing Into an Alphabet Soup of Companies
- Rackspace Prospects Amazon Web Services, Lowers 2015 Forecast