Service Providers Cash In on SD-WAN — They lose MPLS money, but gain more revenues, anyway.
Martin Casado: In the Developer Era, Startups Rule — The Nicira founder and former VMware executive has seen the changes that a software-driven world is causing.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
Brocade released the availability of the Brocade Virtual Application Delivery Controller (vADC) on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
Okta opened a new Bellevue office and plans to double its local headcount.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- HPE Buys Big Data Analytics Company SGI for $275M
- China Mobile Eyes 5G-enabled Drones To Solve Network Latency
- White Box Hardware is Getting Smarter
- Rackspace Integrates Azure Into Its Managed Security
- Former Google Engineers Launch Xperiel with $7M in Funding
- DevOps Isn’t Just for Greenfield
- Cumulus Networks Adds VPs of Marketing & Sales
- Midokura Releases Gives a View Between Physical & Virtual
- Aviat, Level 3 Will Use Cisco’s Tail-f for Network Services Orchestration
- 3 Data Centers Form Core of Deutsche Telekom’s Pan-Euro Network
- Datadog Integrates AWS Lambda
- ThousandEyes Touts Enhanced End-User Experience
- Intel to Acquire Deep Learning Startup Nervana
- Mirantis OpenStack Finds Its Way Onto Red Hat Linux
- Open vSwitch Moves From VMware to Linux Foundation
- Earthlink Teams With VeloCloud to Offer SD-WAN Services
- Fugue Solves Pain Point of Running AWS at Scale
- AT&T Labs is Building Its Own 5G Gear for Trials
- Deep Instinct’s Artificial Brain Spots Zero-Day Security Threats
- SD-WAN Startups Are Probably Too Young for Acquisition
- Cellular Carrier IoT Connections Jump 33% in 2Q
- SDN Security Researchers State Their Case at Black Hat