Lumina Networks Picks Up Brocade’s SDN Controller — Lumina is launching with about 60 employees, the majority of which are coming from Brocade.
Cisco Meraki Data Loss Reveals Need for Oversight — Similar AWS and Google outages show how cloud configuration errors can cripple business.
HPE-Big Switch Partnership Boosts Open Networking Pitch — Data center networking is moving away from the ‘Ciscos of the world,’ Big Switch says.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The Telecom Infra Project’s (TIP)’s chairman, Alex Choi, is leaving his CTO position with SK Telecom and stepping down from his role at TIP.
Radisys now supports Intel’s Xeon Scalable processors in DCEngine to accelerate cloud services among service providers.
Palo Alto Networks partnered with the Interpol Global Complex for Innovation (IGCI). This agreement aims to combat criminal trends in cyberspace, globally.
Anuta Networks’ NCX orchestration platform was deployed in F5 Networks’ Silverline security service to automate network services.
Equinix established connectivity into the AWS Direct Connect service in the New York region.
VMware helped the Ministry of Municipality and Rural Affairs in Saudi Arabia with its digital transformation to deliver digital services to residents across Saudi Arabia.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Kubernetes Growth Placing a Strain on Container Orchestration Adoption
- Microsoft Inject Confidentiality into Blockchain with Coco Framework
- AWS Joins CNCF, Though Kubernetes Impact Remains to be Seen
- CenturyLink to Resell King & Union’s Security Collaboration Platform
- Industrial Users Think IoT is the Biggest Benefit of 5G, Gartner Study Says
- Ericsson Has Yet to Develop an SD-WAN Solution
- Could Obstacles Such as Trees Screw up Verizon’s 5G Hopes?
- Does the 5G Standards Process Need a Reset? Qualcomm Thinks So
- Serverless Computing Agility Seen as a Boon for Security
- AT&T’s Rice: Intel-AT&T Relationship is ‘Push-Pull Strategy’ for NFV
- Macquarie Brings VeloCloud SD-WAN to Australia
- Container Networking Challenges the Focus of Tigera Calico Update
- Equinix Adds Direct Connect to SAP Cloud
- Codefresh ‘Democratizes’ Kubernetes Management for GKE
- Cisco’s Kanouff Talks Network Automation and the Promise of 5G
- Headcount: The Latest in Hirings, Firings And Retirings — August 7, 2017
- Inocybe Expands Reach, Leadership as SDN Controller Market Matures
- Heptio Launches Open Source Projects to Foster Use of Kubernetes
- Earthlink Deal Brings Windstream Enhanced SD-WAN Management
- Dell Technologies: SDN Driving ‘Next-Era’ Partnerships with Robots