Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Google Brings SDN to the Public Internet — Espresso is the fourth pillar of Google’s SDN strategy.
Q&A: Verizon’s Venkatraman Talks Network Transformation and Nimble Startups — Verizon is taking networking tips from Facebook and Google.
AT&T Runs Open Source White Box Switch in its Live Network — AT&T used Delta’s switch with Broadcom chips and the SnapRoute network operating system.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
The OPNFV Project announced the availability of OPNFV Danube, the project’s fourth platform release.
Calix completed the AXOS OpenFlow Connector for the On.Lab Virtual Optical Line Terminal-Hardware Abstraction open source project.
Dimetis, a provider of operations support systems (OSS), launched the OpsNGN orchestration platform to help providers move to virtualization.
Radware’s Alteon NG application delivery controller (ADC) appliance is now available on Microsoft Azure.
ADARA and partners ON.Lab and SK Telecom demonstrated a software defined networking (SDN) and NFV solution with ON.Lab’s Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD) project at ONS 2017.
CA Technologies completed the acquisition of Veracode, a company that secures web, mobile, and third-party applications.
The ONOS Project announced the availability of its new release now in operation in several trials.
IBM rolled out a new service on Bluemix, its developer platform, which allows developers to build third-party security authentication into their apps.
Equinix will open five new International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers and 14 expansions of existing IBX data centers in 2017.
Ericsson completed the first demonstration of 5G in Indonesia, including 5G test bed, 5G New Radio (NR), and new use cases.
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- Huawei Releases Modules of its CloudEngine Switch for Ansible
- More Than 40 Data Centers Will Support Verizon Telco Cloud
- How ONAP Will Merge Millions of Lines of Code
- Cisco Offer New Certification Around Digital Network Architecture
- MEF, PNDA Roll Out Initiative Focusing on LSO Analytics
- Verizon, KT Test Interoperability of Orchestrators for 5G
- Pivotal Launches Updated Version of Multicloud Platform
- Portworx Raises $20M to Enhance Its Enterprise Offering
- Hybrid SD-WAN Deployment Models on the Rise
- VMware Offloads vCloud Air to Europe’s OVH
- AT&T Picks Barefoot Networks for Programmable Switches
- DigitalOcean Launches Developer Monitoring Service
- Gap Weaves a Global SD-WAN Strategy
- Ixia Updates CloudLens for Public Cloud Visibility
- Free Range Routing and DPDK Join the Linux Foundation
- Sprint Joins ONF’s CORD Project Signaling Open Source Interest
- Q&A: Verizon’s Venkatraman Talks Network Transformation and Nimble Startups
- Global Capacity Will Use VeloCloud for Managed SD-WAN
- Pica8’s PicOS Supports Dell’s 100G White Box Switch
- Looker Raises $81M as It Helps Shepherd Database Technology Into the Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Adds Console as an ExpressRoute Connectivity Partner