For all our RSA Conference 2015 coverage, check out our RSA Conference coverage page.
Happy Friday, everyone! Miss the news? Don’t worry, the SDxCentral weekly news roundup is here to deliver the news bits surrounding software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and more.
SHOW ME THE MONEY
Ex-Cisco veteran and futurist Dave Evans came out of hiding as the co-founder and CTO of Stringify. The startup just received over $6 million in funding, but Evans is still tight-lipped on the company’s vision. As reported by Silicon Valley Business Journal, he did say it has something to do with IoT.
MOVING AND SHAKING
Citrix became an OpenStack corporate sponsor this week all in the name of interoperability, despite running its own open source project, CloudStack. Maybe Citrix is ready to play nice with OpenStack or maybe it’s simply an issue of keep your friends close, and your competitors closer…
NEW TO MARKET
Cavium and A10 are collaborating to bring Cavium’s LiquidSecurity HSM to A10’s Thunder ADC family, a security-minded combination targeting high performance SSL product for cloud and hybrid environments.
3scale, an API management provider, announced some considerable growth stats earlier this week, along with a mysterious reference to “advanced capabilities” it will be offering. Interesting timing given that fellow API provider Apigee launched its IPO this morning…
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered lately:
- Jolata Brings Big Data Tactics to Network Monitoring
- Pop Quiz: Which of These Security Startups is Fake?
- Apigee Rings in Its IPO
- Juniper Brushes Off Concerns About Nokia & Alcatel-Lucent
- Avni Reveals Software Defined Cloud 2.0
- DevOps Breaks Security, and Access Management Could Be the Fix
- Juniper CTO Chris Hoff Makes ‘Epic Fail’ in RSA Keynote
- Citrix Q1 Doesn’t Disappoint in Disappointing
- Feds’ Encryption Key Escrow Plan Meets Resistance
- Manny Rivelo Will Be F5’s New CEO, Sooner Than Expected
- Procera Going Private with Cash Acquisition Agreement
- Freescale Brings a Smarter White Box Switch to SDN
- VMware Touts Q1 Growth but Doesn’t Give NSX Numbers
- RSA President Amit Yoran Makes a Splash in Debut Keynote
- Big Switch Networks & Cyphort Use SDN to Deliver Advanced Threat Detection
- Pica8 Digs Up Labeled BGP for Network Virtualization
- Intel and Ericsson Deepen Ties in Managed Security Services
- Our Top Session Picks for RSA Conference 2015
- VMware Creates Its Own Linux OS for Containers
- Broadcom’s Trident II Gets a VXLAN Booster