Here are the top stories SDxCentral wrangled this week related to SDN, NFV, 5G, IoT, cloud, and more:
Intel Pulls OSIC Funding, Rackspace Cuts 45 Workers — Rackspace calls reports citing the death of OpenStack ‘fake news.’
Huawei Positions Itself as an NFV Systems Integrator —Huawei has created a 3-Dimensional NFV assessment framework.
Amazon Web Services Embraces Container Networking — Currently, networking on AWS occurs at the host level, not at the container level.
Here are the week’s strays and stragglers we roped for you:
NodeSource released NodeSource N|Solid for Alpine Linux, the newest addition to its Node.js platform.
The Industrial Internet Consortium’s time sensitive networking (TSN) Testbed received top ranking in the Testbed Showcase
Here are the other stories SDxCentral covered this week:
- 5G and Cloud: Have Telcos Bitten Off More Than They Can Chew?
- Cradlepoint Launches New LTE-Based SD-WAN Capabilities
- Masergy Designs Hybrid WAN for European Train Service Provider
- VMware Tightens NSX Integration with Photon
- Oracle Cloud Business Grows with Moat Acquisition
- Harman Uses Watson’s AI Capabilities for Voice-Controlled Devices
- Riverbed Acquires Xirrus to ‘Supercharge’ SD-WAN
- HyTrust Helps Feds Meet Cloud Security Mandate
- Observable Networks Detects Changes in AWS Lambda Functions
- Microsoft to Run Linux Containers on Windows and Azure
- Big Switch Data Center Fabric Supports vSphere Containers
- Cloudera Could Raise $242 Million in Upcoming IPO
- Trump Orders Review of the H-1B Visa Process
- GTT Launches Managed SD-WAN Service Via VeloCloud
- Intel Shuts Down its 20-Year-Old Developer Forum
- IBM Brings Anaconda Open Data Science Platform to its Cognitive Systems
- Machine Learning and AI Have Roots in Neural Networks
- Huawei Positions Itself as an NFV Systems Integrator
- Avaya’s Everywhere Data Center Architecture Includes VNFs
- Verizon’s ThingSpace Strives to Eliminate IoT Fragmentation
- Ignore Next-Generation Data Center Technologies at Your Own Risk