… … Pica8 spelled out the ways its bare-metal OS takes advantage of Broadcom’s Trident II chipset. VXLAN is the best-known overlay feature available in the Trident II, but PicOS is the first network OS to support L2oGRE, L3oGRE, and NVGRE, the startup claimed.
… 6WIND launched Virtual Accelerator, the first product in its new Speed Series family. It will offer accelerated virtual switching and networking features for virtual infrastructures to enable NFV, data center virtualization, and network appliance virtualization.
… Telco Systems unveiled its first two TelcoApps, vFirewall and vRouter. The company also announced the release of its newest Open Metro Edge solution product, CloudMetro100.
Here’s what else SDNCentral covered this week:
- SDN & OpenFlow World Congress: The SDNCentral Report — Links to our coverage of the conference from Dusseldorf, Germany. We’ll be adding more stories next week, so be sure to bookmark that page.
- NFV Group Will Gently Push for Open Source Help
- NEC Aligns With Dell & Drops SDN Controller PricingSDN & OpenFlow World Congress: Dell, HP, and Cumulus Reach Out to the Masses
- If EMC Buys Cloudscaling, Is It the Startup’s Final Home?
- Embrane Lands UOL Deal, With Help from Cisco’s ACI
- Dell’s OpenDaylight Participation Turns Platinum
- What NTT Docomo Wants from NFV
- OpenDaylight Coders Madhu Venugopal, Brent Salisbury, & Dave Tucker Open Shop on a Docker Startup
- Can Coriant Transcend With Its New SDN Strategy?
- Amdocs Makes a Play for NFV Orchestration