… Mirantis officially unveiled its free version of Mirantis OpenStack Express for developers. It include an OpenStack tenant with a quota of four virtual CPUs, 4GB RAM, 100GB of storage, and two floating IP addresses, as well as access to OpenStack APIs.
… HP and Alcatel-Lucent will expand their global alliance, incorporating certain Alcatel-Lucent IP routing and optical products into HP’s current routing and storage offerings.
… Before Dec. 5 actually happened, ON.Lab announced its ONOS software would be available on Dec. 5, as previously announced.
… Juniper Networks and VMware launched a joint Asia Pacific strategy designed to speed up adoption of private cloud products by enterprises across Asia Pacific.
… After over two decades, Cisco’s Carlos Dominguez is leaving the company, as reported by CRN. Dominguez’s title is senior VP, office of the chairman and CEO, but most of us know him as the guy who emcees at events like Cisco Live.
… Kaminario closed a $53 million financing round, bringing its total raised capital to $128 million. The all-flash storage provider received funding from new investors Silicon Valley Bank and Lazarus Hedge Fund, which joined Sequoia Capital, Pitango, Globespan, Tenaya, and Mitsui.
… Cyan announced that it’s planning a $50 million debt offering to buy up shares of its common stock.
… Huawei and Red Hat are joining forces to enable OpenStack-based cloud deployments. The partnership’s goal is to speed up collaboration around OpenStack for NFV needed by CSPs.
… Netmag joined Pica8’s hardware ecosystem, enabling a path for all qualified partners to resell Pica8’s network operating system, PicOS.
… Joyent added a container service to the Joyent Public Cloud and announced two open source initiatives: Linux Branded Zones and the extension of Docker Engine to Joyent’s private cloud software, SmartDataCenter. The two initiatives are meant to help spruce up Docker for production environments.
Here’s what else SDxCentral covered this week:
- Burger King Meets Telecom
- Cisco Sues Arista Over Patents and Copyright
- Brocade & Mirantis Partner on OpenStack
- Intel Snags a Seat On the OpenDaylight Board
- Docker Adds Support for Distributed Applications
- HP SDN App Store Adds FlowCommand
- Juniper Puts Junos on a White Box Switch
- Ciena Turns NFV Into an Online Shopping Experience
- JDSU Launches TrueSpeed for SDN and NFV Testing
- Creators of Weave Raise $5M to Pursue Docker Networking
- “Open”: A Networking Ecosystem for the SDN/NFV Era
- CoreOS Launches Rocket, Claiming Docker Containers Have Flown Off-Course
- Plexxi Exec Michael Bushong Jumps Ship For Brocade