Summary: This DemoFriday™ will showcase how network operators can leverage open, multi-layer SDN solutions to deliver services more efficiently across multiple technology domains, including an MPLS backbone or a third-party network.
As deployments of Carrier Ethernet-based services in the metro network continue to grow in scale and scope, delivering services from end to end often involves crossing an MPLS core. Our next DemoFriday, on Nov. 1, will show how network operators are using SDN to deliver services more efficiently across multiple technology domains. It builds on the well-received Aug. 23 DemoFriday from Cyan and Accedian Networks and again features those companies, joined by Colt, a major European Ethernet provider.
The demo will explore how the following aspects of service delivery are improved with SDN in a real-world environment:
- Multi-domain (access, transport and core), multi-vendor, and multi-layer management
- The “lifecycle of a circuit” including service turn-up, cut-in, and A-to-Z provisioning
- Performance management
- Real-time SLA monitoring
- Fault management, alarm notification, and troubleshooting
The session also will explore how Colt implemented SDN within their Ethernet Multi-Service Platform (MSP) network to lower costs and enable faster, more automated end-to-end service delivery. Join the following presenters for their demo and presentation:
- Abel Tong, Cyan director of solutions marketing
- Ken Gold, Accedian senior product manager
- Mirko Voltolini, Colt director of design and architecture
Join us for the DemoFriday™ with Cyan, Accedian, and Colt when we webcast it live on Friday, November 1, at 10:00 a.m. PDT.