Major carriers, network operators, and enterprise IT are planning to return to Germany for the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, planned for October 15-18, 2013, in Bad Homburg, near Frankfurt. This event is among the most significant SDN events, along with the Open Networking Summit (ONS).
At the 2012 World Congress in Darmstadt, Germany, Network Function Virtualization (NFV) was unveiled, as was the seminal NFV White Paper. Shortly afterwards, the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) Industry Specification Group (ISG) was formed, and it’s gained tremendous momentum over the past year.
This year’s World Congress takes place on the heels of the successful SDN & OpenFlow APAC Congress held in June, where 250+ individuals descended on steamy Singapore to share insights on SDN and NFV plans and early deployments in the region.
The Open Networking Foundation (ONF) is the co-host for this event, along with the APAC Congress, featuring several member organizations participating. On the first day of the World Congress, the ONF is presenting the ONF/SDN Workshop, which will showcase innovative SDN use cases and network operators’ expectations on how SDN will benefit their businesses. Here are a few of the highlights to expect:
- The executive director of the ONF, Dan Pitt, will address the increasing significance of the ONF, followed by an overview of the ONF/SDN architecture.
- Key operators including Telefonica, Colt, KVH, and CloudSigma will share their visions for SDN and NFV.
- The chairman of the ONF Optical Transport Working Group will offer an overview on the extension of SDN standards to address transport networks.
- Leading analysts will debate the state of SDN.
- Networking visionaries will share their diverse views on the SDN Control Layer.
The workshop features an outstanding set of speakers and panelists representing ONF leadership, traditional carriers, and cloud operators, networking OEMs, and analysts.
Immediately following the workshop, the main conference will be held (Oct. 16-18). Conference program highlights include:
- Keynotes featuring industry visionaries from the ONF, Google, Deutsche Telekom, BT, and others.
- Conference tracks spanning the carrier, cloud, data center, mobile, and enterprise segments, including the first dedicated NFV Forum.
- An exhibition featuring SDN Demos and products from 40+ organizations.
- SDN and NFV demonstrations, including the first NFV World Showcase.
Registration for the 2013 SDN & OpenFlow World Congress is open now; sign up by Sept. 22 for an early-bird discount. ONF members will receive a 20% discount.
For additional details:
Registration questions: email@example.com.