Dialogic’s Director of Service Provider Marketing Thomas Schroder, Software Architects for Power Media NFV Steve Hayward and Richard Beauchamp, and Oracle’s Director of Product Marketing Douglas Tait will demonstrate the interoperability between virtual network functions (VNF) and VNF management functions to enable automation for lifecycle management of applications in a virtualized environment. With Dialogic’s PowerMedia XMS media resource function (MRF) and media resource broker (MRB) applications communicating with Oracle’s Application Orchestrator, policy descriptors and key performance indicators (KPIs) automate the scaling out of media resources in response to increase traffic demands made by audio conferencing applications.
The demonstration will cover high level steps to achieve automation and vendor interoperability, including:
- On-boarding Dialogic’s MRB and XMS MRF using the Oracle Application Orchestrator
- Automated scaling out of additional MRF capacity in response to spikes in conferencing traffic
- Freeing up unused network virtualization resources by scaling down when traffic demand drops. This process will also demonstrate appropriate provisioning updates on the MRB VNF to ensure no live traffic is allocated to the media resource function instance that will be remove.
This DemoFriday event is intended for service provider engineering, planning, operations, and IT experts engaged in helping their companies evolve to NFV and virtualized environments. This is a DemoFriday you can’t afford to miss, if you want to learn more about:
- The challenges NFV deployments have with rich media processing applications that prevent true real-time multimedia.
- Guiding principles on deploying real-time multimedia VNF applications
- The interaction involved in establishing automated application lifecycle management
Join SDxCentral and Dialogic on January 15th at 10:00am PT to learn more about how to achieve automation and vendor interoperability between Dialogic’s real-time multimedia VNFs and Oracle’s MANO layer.
Can’t make the live event? That’s okay — use our simple one-click registration and we’ll let you know when the archive is up on SDxCentral.