Plexxi has proven itself to be formidably capable of delivering incredible LIVE SDN demonstrations through the DemoFriday™ forum on SDNCentral. In March they partnered with Boundary, sharing a live demo on how to combine application performance management with Plexxi’s programmable infrastructure to solve real datacenter SDN problems.
This Friday, May 10, 2013, Plexxi does it again–and teams with storage player, SolidFire, to show you up close and personal the power of QoS. More precisely, the Demo is on Programmable Networks & QoS-Capable Storage Solutions.
Icing on the cake? CloudSigma’s COO, Bernino Lind will be joining and will share, as a customer, how CloudSigma has benefited from using the combination of these two – a programmable network and a QoS-capable storage solution – extending the value of SDN beyond just the network.
Senior Systems Engineer, Colin Ross of Plexxi and Adam Carter, SolidFire’s Director of Product Management discuss:
- Deploying a Plexxi network
- Manual and automatic host discovery
- Defining conversations using the Affinity construct
- Harvesting SolidFire cluster information to automatically establish intra-cluster relationships
- Using the Plexxi controller to optimize for bandwidth and latency
- Provisioning storage with SolidFire
- Using affinities to isolate storage traffic
- Guaranteeing storage performance